Announcing Limiteds for the UGC Program [Marketplace]

Why are hats listed twice here? What’s the actual price range for them?

I assume “Hat” at the bottom was a typo and it’s really meant to say “Sweater” since sweaters are the only 3D clothing type (besides shoes) not listed here…

EDIT: Seems like this was fixed.

10 Likes

getting ready to buy this for 150 robux soon :grin:

4 Likes

Was arguing for this but lolrip
My current financial advice is DO NOT buy any UGC limited unless you don’t care about losing the robux

8 Likes

This is probably the worst catalog update I’ve ever seen and YOU ALL know why. Having UGC Creators access to the Roblox Limited Economy is the worst idea someone has came up with. Now with the UGC Program practically letting anyone join it is EVEN WORSE.

10 Likes

My Questions:

1. How will this affect the idea that Roblox wants to make everyone be able to upload on the UGC?

2. With the Roblox in-experience Marketplace/Avatar shop can you buy a UGC limited accessories within an experience?

3. Is there a limit to the “Quantity” that a designer can upload?

4. I noticed that there is a “Tags” section in the image. Does this mean that you will add tags to other accessories, other then UGC Limiteds?

I think this is a really good update, and I can’t wait to see what the community has to offer in the UGC Limiteds!

3 Likes

Ohhh damn, things boutta get crazy with UGC!

1 Like

My only request;

Please make them at least more appealing and professional looking. Do not allow emojis in the titles and no links in the descriptions. Set the guidelines so the description is an actual description of the item instead of an advertisement area.

10 Likes

To be honest, just the fact that these marked the occasion could give it some value.

I’ve only bought one UGC limited, and that was to help out a friend, since they honestly deserve my support for all that they’ve done for me. Unfortunately, they got a lot of abuse over it, so much that they’ve had to close the comments section.

Either way, the rollout of this imo is another example of the appalling communication Roblox has. They did not give anyone a warning in advance that this would be coming out. They just decide to release it at midnight, which is fun.

The cooldown period of 1 day is also way too little imo

2 Likes

i agree with the cooldown being way too short, it should be closer to a week, or even a month

4 Likes

This final point has been happening for the past year and any time I try to inform Roblox of the offending item, they simply inform me that Roblox will not take action unless I was the copyright owner, how can I possibly trust that Roblox will defend it’s own former limiteds / expensive / offsale items if they have in the past quite literally told me that they would not do that- it is deeply concerning from my point of view.

7 Likes

Cool man, can’t wait to see what’s people make :slight_smile: !!

1 Like

You’re scamming your users. Because you were negligent to the logistics or game theory or surveying you’ve released this with the erroneous set up it has, and people are going to buy these items simply because they expect a return, and even when they do they’re gonna find it’s not realistically possible for anyone buying the items because they’d have to make over two fold just to get anything back. Priorities were set far too high on the UGC developers (and yourselves, adamantly taking 30% tax on these sales is extremely pathetic) and it will simply create a system where people pump and dump these items, which are essentially grifts because they can barely provide any future value for anyone who owns them.

Not even done there, you also mislead the users by using the same language description as Roblox Limiteds, but if they buy them they’ll find they can’t trade the item at all, and that they can’t even sell it for a huge waiting period. Do you have any respect for the people that use the site?

18 Likes

Can’t wait for when they release for trades and ruin the classic limiteds market…:star_struck:(:clown_face:)

According to this, resellers only get 50% of an items resell cost, this is exactly how you introduce massive hyper-inflation into your economy, in order to break-even on my item I have to sell for double the price that’s a 100% inflation rate per-sale as long as everyone doesn’t care about profit and just wishes to break-even. Roblox will have to take less of a cut to decrease this massive inflation rate. Roblox LimitedU accessories while looking almost the exact same as a UGC limited, only have a 30% and much more reasonable inflation-rate. Roblox, this is an economy you have to follow the principles of an economy too!

9 Likes

now we wait and see…

5 Likes

Harsh but the truth :100: this was not thought out, but it could have been if the content of the focus groups were not largely ignored

8 Likes

I’m fine with this existing, considering these and tradeable limiteds don’t intertwine at all. They are separate markets and won’t affect each other, and that’s the silver lining in this as someone who was dreading what UGC Limiteds may imply for the current Limited market.

That being said, one of my only issues is the fact that these UGC Limiteds are very hard to discern from tradeable limiteds. Sure, there is a text above the description that says “Tradeable: No”, but even I wasn’t able to notice that until someone pointed it out to me. It is common sense in the ROBLOX community that “Limiteds” are tradeable and sellable items. It has been that way forever, and there was never a need to question whether that was the case.

There is also the fact that, outside of this DevForum post, nothing implicates that selling one of these Limiteds will only give you 50% of the sale. This fee doesn’t apply to ANY other type of items as far as I’m aware, and there is genuinely nothing that would make you think that was the case.

The problem that arises is that ROBLOX is filled with children, and although it may click in my brain that these UGC Limiteds are not tradeable, and selling them will make you lose 50% of the sale - this is going to fool a lot of young kids into buying items with the intent of trading them. People who don’t have a DevForum account, or didn’t read this post talking about the differences these have. If I wasn’t able to notice - a trader and player who has been on the platform for over 15 years, - then how can you expect a child to notice who just wants to get a Limited for trading?

To put this in perspective, I have taken a screenshot of the catalog - this is basically ‘Where’s Waldo’ of finding out which Limited is UGC. -

29 of these are tradeable, and have a 30% fee for reselling the item. 1 of them is not tradeable, and has a 50% for reselling the item. Sure, if you know what you’re looking for - it’s somewhat easy to figure it out, but imagine if you are a kid who doesn’t know what you’re doing, you haven’t seen this DevForum thread, and all you know is that limiteds are usually tradeable. 9 times out of ten, they would have no idea.

My proposal is to separate UGC Limiteds and normal Limiteds by putting them into their own Category on the Catalog, and giving them a new tag that isn’t “Limited” or “LimitedU”. That way, if people aren’t aware of this new feature - and stumble on say a purple “UGC Limited” tag on the bottom corner - then they are able to discern them from normal limiteds and are aware enough to think “I haven’t seen this tag before, maybe I should look into it.”

I have some other problems with this new feature, but they almost all tie back to the one problem that these are drastically different from normal limiteds, yet are identical to the blind eye. If you separate these two categories, then at the very least they can both behave on their own, and if one fails, then it doesn’t ruin the other category’s reputation. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

28 Likes

Totally agree with this, and we did make this clear to roblox originally that the tag should be different. Here’s to hoping it gets changed to something unique to further separate UGC and roblox
Limiteds.
Also agree the selling fee difference should be better highlighted

10 Likes

Roblox Audience History:

• Released VC to appeal to 13+ audiences
  • Released an OAuth system to upgrade reputation to “professional” and not just “that one kids game”
  • Added Discord links to group/game pages (Appeals to 13+ audiences)
  • Adding a dedicated anti-cheat that is similar to other 13+ targeted games

• Now you’ve released a cash grabby scam that takes advantage of mainly children.

Are we moving forward or backward?

Pretty sure this also introduces new methods to distribute robux fraudulently

14 Likes

Quick question, what is stopping a ugc creator from releasing an extremely rare item for cheap and then buying it themselves on alt accounts for instance to then asking ludicrous prices after the fact due to them having a hoard of it? They get an advantage in terms of being able to get to the item quicker than anyone else, and get a bunch of the item for cheap. Maybe this wouldn’t be an issue or I’m missing something which would make it redundant to do but this just came to mind.

8 Likes