Announcing Limiteds for the UGC Program [Marketplace]

it’s so over

12 Likes

Oh no, Rip roblox economy and welcome overpriced bad looking limitedu on the market.
Edit: My guesses were correct. i just sold ugc random with 100 stock and orginal price 40 for 1.8k. The bad looking UGC are self explanatory.
image imageimage

9 Likes

I’m torn because I was hoping there would be an acceptance wave sometime soon. I’m still hopeful for said wave, but now I don’t know if how this update could end up pushing that back.

7 Likes

It’s a 10% royalty for every resale, in perpetuity. By the time people are reselling you will have already made a profit. The 10% on top just keeps the money rolling in forever. Assuming you’ve created something of high value that people like a lot, which should be the goal with limiteds.

8 Likes

I wonder if this would be a way for some creators to interject their own NFT’s?

5 Likes

My main question is if there is a place to report for cases like the republishing thing or copying other creator items, i know DMCA exists for the second thing but im not entirely sure

13 Likes

limitedu’s are already essentially nfts

8 Likes

oh god i hope not
it’s already enough we have a ripoff tf2 market

5 Likes

Will we ever be able to set current non-limited items to limited in the future?

3 Likes

You can report items directly from their item page

6 Likes

probably not, especially if they were put on sale

2 Likes

i sure hope not lol…

this is bad enough

3 Likes

do people actually look at that though

2 Likes

Yeah of course lol. It goes directly to Roblox. Idk how the system works exactly but that’s the method Roblox has provided for reporting things.

2 Likes

roblox definitely does not lol

4 Likes

Looking at these prices, I think it’s safe to say that most people will lose money buying UGC Limiteds in its current state. Most traders would not trust the values of the limiteds unless they were created by someone very popular within the community. In addition, the 50% cut from selling is a massive downside from the already large 30% cut from normal Roblox Limiteds.

12 Likes

That is a very weird thing to suggest on a thread regarding UGC limiteds.

3 Likes

just using an extreme example as to how robloxs moderation is managed

2 Likes

This really should have been introduced gradually with something like a phased rollout and usage analysis.

Many users are going to buy these UGC Limited items simply because they are limited expecting a profit.
The majority will unlikely see any return on investment…

8 Likes

i do agree, releasing parts of features one-by-one makes it easier for Roblox to gather feedback and improve the rollout instead of releasing this as a whole

4 Likes