Announcing Limiteds for the UGC Program [Marketplace]

Depending the Accesory type and the quantity you want to sell you need pay more but after. All the robux spent in copies gets back in your account.

If you break the rules all the robux spent to can sell copies dont gets back.

Nononono thats on the side of the creator which the share is relatively okay there, but due to roblox taking 30% from even these resales ontop of the cuts to the creator it means that the Roblox users who resell the item only get half of the price they sell it for.

Now I see the creator only gets a PORTION of the robux spent to sell copies. I thought was 100% robux back.

The creator does get the robux spent back thats not what I am saying is bad, what I am saying is bad is that the actual users who buy these items are affected by a 50% tax when reselling these items. Essentially taking half of what they sell it for away from them.

I never said it was a good rate:

4 Likes

My bad for not seeing your post before that :pray:

Great. As if the UGC catalog wasn’t bad already. The majority of the market is someone uploading something and then many other creators just copy the idea and upload their own of the same thing. What is the point of the limiteds when this is the case? I’d understand if there was originality in the market, but what is the point of something going limited if 30 other UGC creators just upload virtually the same thing.

6 Likes

You don’t even have to wait 30 days! Roblox themselves released ‘UGC-limiteds’ before today, the first ones become sellable on the 15th of April

If someone buys a Community made Limited after the puchase he needs wait 30 days to can be sold again by the user that purchased the Community Made Limited.

Probably is a long time because this is in testing and can be changes in how works Community Limiteds.

Are we able to turn pre-existing UGCs into limiteds?

1 Like

I dont know but probably you need Upload an original UGC and enable LIMITED option.

If has a checkbox to can be limited then maybe you can convert existing UGC in UGC limiteds.

This is gonna be the first Expensive UGC limited item! Preston gonna make tons of money again lool.

4 Likes

If prestons warnings are true I will open my arms to banana being the new most valuable limited

2 Likes

I don’t think you understand, on March 16th Roblox released the first UGC limiteds

What’s the difference between seller, creator, and affiliate in the dev forum post? It’s confusing me as I thought the creator and seller were the same person.

Creator is the UGC creator

Seller/affiliate is either:
A) Roblox, if the accessory was purchased on-site
B) the game developer, if the accessory was purchased in-experience

2 Likes

And now, behold… The final nail in the coffin for what was already a dying community; Traders.

I am unsure how many individuals this had to go through in order to become a fully pledged content update to the site, but whatever the number may have been, it clearly was not enough. Have you lost touch with what the community truly values?

The novelty and admiration of owning a limited item has already been watered down for years due to the rapid influx of sponsored content and low value (<500 Robux) accessories.
What was once a crack in the dam has now just became the opening of the floodgate.

wow.

11 Likes

What is going to happen to this UGC Program thingy?

This is so good. Now the limiteds will collapse in value and LMAD will be dead forever. Now phishing scams will be less beneficial for scammers and thus there will be less of them. Big UGC W!!!

Cant wait till i get UGC access and can rugpull my Limited Dog’s Waterbowl Hat for 85900R$ profit like I’m some sort of genius entrepenurerr wall street style

5 Likes

Will this be available to specific creators or be released to all of the UGC creators at the same time? It could be more trust worthy and less chaotic if the users are invited instead of just releasing this to everyone.

2 Likes