Announcing Limiteds for the UGC Program [Marketplace]

UGC still is not for everyone only UGC Creators in the program can make Community Limiteds but every 24 hours they can upload Community Limited UGC.

Yeahā€¦ Sent my application in August and still waitingā€¦

ā€œThis is great.ā€ Thatā€™s what I keep telling myself.

Weā€™ve been needing this for such a long time, similar to Minecraft players needing a cave update.

However, I canā€™t shake the feeling that this is going to backfire on Roblox, along with a net loss for UGC creators.

If some people are confused, let me provide an example;

Having a Roblox limited in 2022 was considered ā€œcoolā€.

Having a Roblox limited in 2024 will be considered ā€œcringeā€

4 Likes

Waitā€¦
are you implying that you donā€™t like obnoxious and repetitive UGC accessories that only serve a purpose to interrupt gameplay experience for others?

1 Like

surely nothing can go wrong

Just another absolutely incredible Roblox update that everyone totally asked for! What an amazing way to ensure that nobody will care about limiteds ever again!! :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

2 Likes

This looks great but also interesting at the same time. Since Limited(U) and Limited items were normally rare before Late 2022, making anyone be able to make their own items Limited makes Limited items more common, which completely changes how Limiteds stand out from other items.

7/10

My only concern about this update is the moderation of these UGC limiteds.

I have not read this entire piece due to my own indolence, however, upon reflection, it appears to be an excellent concept. I fully support it, provided that it is executed correctly, and to accomplish this, I believe that the limited features should be meticulously moderated. Regrettably, I have observed numerous UGC limited items that have been released thus far, and to say the least, they have been thoroughly underwhelming. The majority of them are merely pre-existing UGC items with a golden texture overlay, and the entire process feels as though it was hastily assembled, as a last-ditch effort to revive limiteds.

i think this is bad i mean its cool to make your own limiteds but i feel like someone is going to do something bad. rip people that have the old limiteds

This is a pretty cool update! Developers can now take advantage of the scarcity Limiteds create which is a nice way to shake up the market. I also donā€™t see how this negatively affects existing Limiteds like some are talking about in this thread because:

1. You personally donā€™t have to assign value to UGC Limiteds.
  2. Original Limiteds still exist.

At the end of the day, value of Limiteds are decided by the market so if people donā€™t see the value in developers making their own, the price post initial stock (if it even has the demand to sell out) will adjust accordingly. Great update overall! :+1:

1 Like

Oh, wow, I didnā€™t expect this update will be real.
Now hereā€™s another hot topic dropped.
Anyway, I hope this update goes in a good direction!

1 Like

Not a fan of this because any UGC creator can make ā€œrareā€ limiteds and get them deleted at any time because of them breaking TOS and most of the time refunds wouldnā€™t even work and now it might be even worse because of the prices of the accessories. Also there are UGC creators out there abusing their power by making others pay for them to make them custom UGC items just for them, is this even allowed?

1 Like

:skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones:
Š”Š½ŠøŠ¼Š¾Šŗ эŠŗрŠ°Š½Š° 2023-04-06 120022
Š”Š½ŠøŠ¼Š¾Šŗ эŠŗрŠ°Š½Š° 2023-04-06 120028
Š”Š½ŠøŠ¼Š¾Šŗ эŠŗрŠ°Š½Š° 2023-04-06 120048

8 Likes

This better be properly regulated before we get hyper low quality items

1 Like

This may be the update ever :fire: :sick: :bangbang:

(the fall of the roblox economy is coming)

8 Likes

This one might be a hot take amongst the masses that seem to be hating on anything these days but I am super excited for this. Limiteds have been a staple of the platform that had seemed to be long forgotten by Roblox and I am super happy to see it get a revival. Roblox may no longer take part in creating items for the catalog themselves so really happy to see that theyā€™re slowly but surely handing off the reigns to the community.

Happy to see Roblox is finally catching up with the mainstream in terms of community driven exchanges.

Great idea to make them not tradable. Please do not change this.

Probably worth changing the limited tag on them to UGC limited or something like that to not confuse people looking for real limiteds

7 Likes

Bit late for that with some items that have already been made

2 Likes

No, this is a big mistake, Roblox takes 60% of resellers, Roblox is slowly becoming evil

1 Like