Announcing the Bug Report Wizard Beta

Quite disappointing that just Regular & + can report!
Members will never rank up because there is no way without bug reports even though I reported some and also had been here since 2017. I understand that it must be filtered but there are members with some real and maybe important bugs and replying to the feature topic will not always work.

7 Likes

Great news!

Nice to have a better system.

2 Likes

How are you so certain of that? They didnā€™t state it in the OP.
I do hope that allowing everyone to post bug reports is one of the main reasons for this change.

1 Like

Excuse me, is this a preparation for the upcoming replacement for PA (Post-Approval)?
Because this still being kinda useless if regulars can only use itā€¦

How do i report a bug if im not a regular?!

2 Likes

Ye Iā€™ve reported quite a few uncommon bugs before and not being a regular really makes the process difficult and annoying to the point were Iā€™d rather just not go through the hassel.

Iā€™d hoped this would be avalible to non regulars but thatā€™s clearly not happening and I have no idea what it takes to become a regular anymore as it seems like the automated process doesnā€™t exist anymore.

3 Likes

What a funny example you made there lolā€¦

Once i become a regular, Iā€™ll be glad to check this out! Looks like a pretty good way to report bugs

1 Like

This is interesting feedback, thanks. Right now the category the topic is created in is determined by the responses to the questions in the wizard.

4 Likes

Will this new system be open to members with the ā€˜Memberā€™ forum rank after its beta testing phase?

3 Likes

This is an amazing resource. Do members still will need to mesage DevEngagementTeam? How will that be handled?
Answered above:

@TheCarbyneUniverse

@TheCarbyneUniverse
Your screenshot didnt load

2 Likes

Hopefully this actually makes roblox notice their bugs more faster, roblox is extremely slow with bugs

2 Likes

aww man, it doesnā€™t support members yet :sad:. Us members r e a l l y need to post bug reports nā€™stuff. But really, this would help regulars a whole lot, so thank you!!!

-from a non-regular

2 Likes

Please donā€™t act like you canā€™t. You can still DM @DevEngagementTeam with your bug report.

1 Like

Roblox has a lot of whistles and bells that go off automatically when there is a serious site issue.

For anything else that their metrics donā€™t spot, they will probably see it if you just file a regular bug report. No need for special tags. Aside from that, the tag you mention is deprecated ā€“ does absolutely nothing. It was blocked because thatā€™s the fastest way to have the community un-learn that tag, itā€™s no longer necessary.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s simply not true. Iā€™ve gotten plenty of bug reports by doing this. Most likely the report doesnā€™t fit the category guidelines if they donā€™t respond.

1 Like

I am really happy to see that Roblox is putting effort into and focusing on creating important features like these instead of always focusing on a nice new update to the platform. I have mentioned multiple times before that I am concerned that Roblox seems to always be focusing on adding new features to Studio or the platform that often seem rushed buggy, and fundamentally in need of work. I am concerned that Roblox fundamentally has a lot of problems that keep coming up, and I have been disappointed to see that Roblox seems to have constantly ignored these fundamental problems for years by sometimes not talking about, releasing patch up or bandaid solutions, etc.

I think there are a lot of problems that have been holding Roblox back for years, and while I am generally happy to see Roblox adding cool new features to Roblox Studio and the platform, I feel like while there are fundamental problems with the platform, Roblox will continuously be held back by these problems in the long term.

I was extremely surprised to see that Roblox finally started fixing the catalog search. In my opinion, this has been a fundamental problem which has been around for years, and I canā€™t believe that it took until now to fix it. Regardless, I am glad that it is being fixed now.

I also think this update is a step in the right direction. Itā€™s really nice to see that Roblox is putting their effort into creating features and systems that make sure that Roblox is running smoothly. Thank you.

2 Likes

Does this bug wizard only include platform bugs or does this include Roblox as a whole?

Also how am I still only ā€œmemberā€ status

oopsies, i meant for them to post reports by themselves.

Since it appears that the wizard makes a topic right now, will that always be the case? Thereā€™s an advantage to having bug reports be publicly visible as well as being able to modify them if worst comes to worse.

I realize this might be a silly question (the answer is probably yes) but just in case I want to ask so that if itā€™s ā€œnoā€ I can complain, haha.

Itā€™s a shame Iā€™m not a regular, yet. Although, it is a really good idea as now we donā€™t have to spend more time going through support and waiting a long duration of time.

Iā€™ve just used the Bug Report Wizard to create the following topic:

It went smoothly. I have two pieces of feedback:

• Please add a draft system. Iā€™m worried that if I close the tab all my progress will be erased. For the time being Iā€™ve edited my text outside of the Developer Forum, just in case.

• The previews do not accurately show what the final result will look like. Take the following table, for example.

If you saved during the first pop-up If you saved during the second pop-up Result
No No Does not save
No Yes Saves
Yes No Does not save
Yes Yes Saves

In the Wizard it looks like this:

Other than those two points, I think itā€™s concise and will help me create reports in the future. Thank you!

4 Likes