Announcing the Bug Report Wizard Beta

New topic creation is actually disabled right now rather than “down the line”. Was this an accident?

Which category are you seeing this on?

2 Likes

Nevermind! New topic creating is disabled in the “Bug Reports” category, of course it is and should be. My bad.

I guess the renaming of “Platform Feedback” to “Bug Reports” threw me off and made me think I was in one of the specific report categories.

2 Likes

This is great feedback, thanks!

4 Likes

It’s not very clear that this is the current method for TL1 to report bugs, and this process should either be changed to something more user-friendly, or be better highlighted/known. It took me months to learn that this was the case, months in which I’ve been unable to report a particular visual bug which still exists in the engine today.

4 Likes

Bug reporting should be about improving the platform and reporting issues affecting you and other developers, not hunting out rewards - it’s a reward for a reason, not a handout. These items are given out for higher-level issue reporting and resolution, not standard daily issues from the DevForum.

That being said; Red Banded Top Hat is typically not handed out through DevForum reports (if at all) and rather for important helpfulness towards staff in other manners. Monetary rewards are given through completing bounties in the HackerOne program. Boss white hats are indeed for vulnerability reports, but DevEngagement can’t handle how those are handed out (AFAIK, I’m not DE).

You should be more focused on platform improvements. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

This is a great idea! It makes the devforum much cleaner than it looks.

You mean if I do this your staff will stop hiding my bug reports… Cause this is why I don’t report bugs I find anymore. Staff keeps saying they aren’t filed right so I give up.

3 Likes

It’s great that Roblox has made much-needed changes to their broken and/or unintuitive systems over the past few weeks, even though I won’t be able to use the wizard. I’m hoping that Roblox continues to address these outstanding issues in the future. Good feature.

This is very cool and i think it will potentially and hopefully streamline the bug reporting process also it’ll prevent those who unfortunately might be discouraged to create a bug report in the form of a topic maybe thinking its not truly a bug. So its nice to see that a hierarchy of bugs is being more rigidly adapted which will probably make bug detection AND resolution faster in the long run.

Bug:

On the discourse app and a web browser on mobile, the icon is not symmetrical

Device: iPhone SE 2020 edition

When will “Members” be able to rank up to “Regular”? A few months ago, I asked a staff member about this and they said you guys are working on it. I have all the requirements to rank up to Regular…

8 Likes

It will be when this comes out of beta, it’s currently regular only (I assume since it’s beta)

You don’t. When this is available to members, I’m sure they will either remove TL2 or make it so you have to pass through without getting flagged several times.

You have 10 hours read time only, you need a day I’m pretty sure at least, and you haven’t gone through post approval once.

They are, I’d say in a month or so this will be out of beta.

I don’t want to be to negative, but how are you so certain of this? Have they announced this?

1 Like

I’m so sure because I do not believe that it will be for regulars only. Dev Rel have stated that they are working on a new alternative, so this must be it. I assume it’s regular only since it might contain bugs.

1 Like

I never saw that you needed to read an entire day to rank up… Could you give a quote?

2 Likes

For reference. I also did not get the regular rank yet. I have been here for a while.

Bug report wizard sounds like it has potential to make reporting bugs a lot easier. I hope this feature will help get members to file bugs in the future.

2 Likes

I was also mentioning that because I want to know more about upgrading to regular. Not just to use the Bug Report Wizard. And why does this all matter to you so much about what I posted?

1 Like

I just tested this out (with a real bug report) and it looks like a great system. The text box seems a little less sophisticated than the one here on the forum, and of course no dark mode :frowning:, but other than that - awesome! Hope this translates into more efficient bug fixes! :sunglasses:

This seems like a very good update for developers anywhere, sometimes people have a bug with roblox studio but they can’t report it anywhere so they just keep it to themselves. This’ll also help with very bad bugs, cause someday there might be one where it wipes out the entire game.