Annoying pixel gap in UI

Hi All,

Recently I’ve encountered some odd behaviour whilst using UI Strokes. Seemingly all the UI has been offset up by one pixel or the UI Strokes down by one pixel which results in a really choppy looking UI with lots of gaps, but this only happens when I’m in-game for some reason. This is shown here:

(studio)

(in-game)

(in-game without ui strokes)

I’m honestly not too sure why this is happening, but I’ll also provide my hierarchy for the ‘Level’ frame in the top left, its properties alongside and its UI Stroke just in case I messed up somewhere. I feel like it’s worth noting that this pixel offset also happens even without UICorners.

6 Likes

I’ve been experimenting with this, and it turns out this only happens when UI Stroke has either a UI Corner, a UI Gradient or both as a sibling. This is shown here:

As far as I’m aware there’s unfortunately no fix to this. I’m also unsure whether anyone else is experiencing this either. If you are, my solution to “fix” this was to create a frame as a child of the original frame with size 1,0,1,-1 to offset the Y, then move the UIStroke and UICorner to it. It’s unsatisfying but it does actually work:

I’m marking this as a solution for now unless if anything is added. If anyone else encounters something similar please let me know.

8 Likes

Same issue, it’s annoying.
good_support

@Roblox - Please fix this, It’s still an occurring issue!!

1 Like

I’m experiencing this when I test my game on phone

I’m getting the same thing, but even without any UICorner or UIGradient sibling.

1 Like

This is still an ongoing issue and it varies based on your screen resolution.

Have you found a fix for this yet? I’m experiencing the same issue.

It’s been like this for at least a year now. I cannot believe they haven’t fixed this

Here to update everyone that this issue still hasn’t been fixed! It’s annoying, but the solution OP posted does still work.

2 Likes