Another GFX Piece

Hello Devforum! I’m here to showcase a new GFX piece I made. I lost motivation for a few days till I listened to a song that sparked an idea that led to this GFX piece.

I love it so far and I’m wanting thoughts from anyone that finds this post. Below I’ll post 2 versions of the GFX that I didn’t know which one I preferred.

Again, tell me what you think about the GFX!

(Edit: For clarification, the 1st image is the Noob Cowboy holding the gun while the 2nd image is the Cowboy tipping his hat sort of.)

12 Likes

I like the first one, although the backround is a little too real 8/10

2 Likes

It looks great other than the realistic background, I also feel like it could use a bit more effects. I’d give it a 7/10.

1 Like

Building off of the last two replies, I think the bottom part of the arm in the second picture could be closer to the body and add a bend to the upper arm to make it seem more natural.

Wow! Looks pretty good! The only thing I would change is that the background is pretty blurry and I would add some more visual effects.

nice! the horse textures are low quality, and you need to have a rendered background not an hdri it looks too unrealistic 7.5/10 B)

also revolver enters his hand
Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 3.41.39 PM

Hey there, I like what you’re going for but here are some things you could work on:
Firstly the hat position, it should be a tad lower since at the moment it is quite high on his head, simple fix really.
Secondly, the noise in the GFX itself. This can be fixed by enabling denoiser.
Thirdly, textures. The textures of the horse itself is very blurry and low res. For animals you can search up how to create fur/hair with hair particles in Blender.
Lastly, the HDRI. HDRI’s are great, they give quick and easy lighting, and it’s great that you used one here, but often times having an HDRI paired with just Roblox models doesn’t look the best, because of the clash of realism, with a “toy” sort of feel. You can make your own 3d background in Blender, then set the background to transparent, or add one in post editing sometimes.
Hope this helps, if you need any further help feel free to contact me!

He looks a lil grainy and he doesn’t fit too much in the background but otherwise this is really good!

You’ve prolly already gotten this but why not add.
The first image has to much of a bend so the bottom looks nicer, I think the bend you have on the other hand in the bottom is also nice since it isn’t too much. If you maybe have a texture and make it a ground then it might look less weird and on the bottom on maybe if you positioned the camera a little lower I think that the viewer would understand that they are tipping the hat. Still 1,000 times better than what I could do. Keep it up!

Very nice! I love the lighting and the background. maybe move your watermark a little to the side so it doesn’t go right on the character!