Another year, another map! Feedback?

Hello!
After some well-deserved vacation, I’m back again building a new map for our game, Rails Unlimited. So far I’m just in the asset-building phase. I’m also in the process of designing & importing some quite realistic terrain, but that’s not the matter at hand today.

Here are some of the assets I’ve been working on, my goal is to make them as low poly as I can to avoid lag while maintaining a certain level of detail. I’d love to hear some feedback on them!

The game isn’t based in a single country, so you will see references to multiple countries & fictional places, such as, from the USA to Russia, from Mexico to the Falklands, and even from San Andreas to Silent Hill

-Ivan

30 Likes

These look super detailed and realistic, fantastic job.

2 Likes

It should take several weeks, it looks great and I’d like to play it when it’s ready.

1 Like

Thank you very much! I really appreciate it!

2 Likes

The previous map took me an entire year to complete (i was also busy with university for 9 months), this one will also take more or less that time

1 Like

wow, very nice! I love your work, keep working like that. :muscle:

1 Like

Absolutely fantastic job on this. You really had a good color scheme going in terms of realism, and everything blends very well together, looking forward to playing this game! :+1:

1 Like

Thank you very much! Color is extremely important to me, I believe even if the build is simple, a good color scheme can make it look more realistic than it actually is

1 Like

That’s very impressive! Respect!

1 Like

the train cars are absolutely stunning

1 Like

I love everything about this! It looks simple, yet complex at the same time. The lighting is stunning and the trains look really realistic. Everything overall is just really clean, good job!

1 Like

100% Agreed, color and lighting is the difference between creating something that is photorealistic and eye-catching. I believe Blender Guru had a tutorial on how to properly use lighting and colors for games, scenes, and art of all sorts. Really helpful, and gave me a better understanding of how to properly color my games. But yeah, to wrap it up, amazing job! :smile:

1 Like

I can’t take credit for the trains nor cars. The trains were built by the asset devs of the game, in this case, FlustereDev (Alco RS11) and IowanDieselDev (Alco PA1). And the cars are just placeholders I’m using to see how the “final product” is going to look more or less before we start working on the cars (non-functional, just for decoration)

1 Like

Thank you very much for the support!