Anti Cheat Development Help

Ello, I’m CoconutError. I’m an somewhat Intermediete Roblox Programmer, over the last few months I have been working on making a roblox company that sells assets for affordable prices. The latest project I have been wanting to start is making a simple yet effective Anti-Cheat, I have a few questions I would like to ask before I get started, also any help would be appreciated! :heart:

My first question is how would I make it so my customers can change things such as the walkspeed limit etc from a script but they have no access to the actual source code. All I know is it has something to module scripts. This is so they do not actually have access to the source but can still configure things to their liking.

My second question is what should I add? Besides the obvious ones such as Walk Speed, Jump Height and so on which are not very complicated to program.

My third question is how can I make this as effective as possible yet still be somewhat simple, because I know anticheats could be bypassed.

My fourth question is what advice can you give to me as a beginner to creating Anti Cheats?

As I said any help is appreciated! :heart: :heart:

I’m going to answer each question individually, so there’ll be 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.

1. You could probably solve this issue by making the module use a metatable, as most modules do. Then, you could assign it a function called something such as “EditWalkspeedLimit” with a variable setting the new walkspeed.

2. For a proper anti exploit, you’d need simple things like anti no-clip, no-fly, security checks that could be fired at any time, but also server sided bypasses so you can teleport the player without firing false negatives.

3. It’s hard to really answer how to make an anti exploit as “effective” as possible, however it’d take a lot of experimenting to find the perfect balance between exploiting and glitches. For example, if you fall out of the map, you wouldn’t want to be permanently banned. However, you also wouldn’t be a fan of exploiters being able to walk slightly faster and not getting banned. You could fix this by doing checks every x seconds, or whenever they trigger a flag checking them again after a certain amount of time. That way, if it happens twice you know it’s an exploit and not a bug.

4. The only advice I can really give you once again is to just try and even try to hack your system. It’s hard to test an anti exploit without trying to break and bypass it.

2 Likes

I can’t say I do know any free, working and popular injectors. You’ll have to either find somebody who has synapse or buy it.

JJspoit and especially KRNL are popular free injectors.

1 Like

I’ve never used an injector so I’m not entirely sure, but aren’t injectors just a command bar? And if so wouldn’t it be possible to just use the client command bar provided to test anti cheats?

I guess? They inject code directly and there isn’t really “clients” because all games are different, but there is hacks for games which are accessed through usage of the injectors.

This is somewhat correct, except there are a few protected functions and methods that script injectors can access that the regular client can not.

Could you give a bit more explanation for my first question? I have not worked with module scripts yet.

As long as no one reports you, you should be fine :smiley: