Anti-Dex Explorer

You really seem to be missing alot of info.
The idea is that when you’re using game:FindFirstChild("Exploit_gui_name", true) that secondary value that I made true recursively searches for it and also reaches into CoreGui… Well used too.
Back in 2020 this was an actual valid case for detecting exploit GUIs when parented to CoreGui.

Even if it works synapse x has a special function that protects and skips all instances.

It’s private for obvious reasons as it shouldn’t be leaked, and I don’t really see a point in accusing of having a fake kick because there is no gain from it at all. Also how would it be perfectly timed with execution?

Timed or with a keybind. If it’s private, then it’s pointless to bring up to begin with. Otherwise, it’s just hot air. I don’t believe it’s possible to detect things that aren’t even drawn within the Roblox client, which is what leads me to doubt your video. But if you’ve somehow managed to do that, why even share without showing how?

2 Likes

I just dont know how SCP:Roleplay does it

Yeah, I know, that was meant to be a joke.

I have a whitelist in my game but not sure about the parent in CoreGui. Also, I have a script if an error by itself is print.

Isn’t coreGui parented to game?

To show it’s possible, I’m not going to give out methods, I don’t really care if you believe it or not you can choose to believe it or not but I’m just showing you can do it.

No. You can’t access core GUI and even if you could Dex spoofs the name.

Let’s say you’re telling the truth, what’s stopping an exploiter from simply locating and disabling/spoofing your detection script? Obfuscation isn’t going to stop that from happening. Plus once one single person finds it, exploits will likely patch that method of detection anyway.

This is why I keep suggesting that everyone gives up on client-side anti-exploit systems so they can focus on server-side checks and making a better game experience for everyone.

1 Like

It is but roblox filters it, i tried

game.DescendantAdded:Connect(function(Inst)
	if Inst:IsA("ScreenGui") then
		warn(Inst.Name.. " Has been added!")
	end
end)

But it doesn’t work, i tried adding a screengui through client and command bar and still got nothing.
Only screenguis outside CoreGui were detected.

Are y’all serious? Y’all still think the DescendantAdded and FindFirstChild detections work in 2022? Come on.

As of right now, the only ways to detect dex are memory checks (which is a very very bad idea) and extremely secretive methods. Y’all not gonna find it that easily.

Other public methods that were leaked have been patched, like the Preloading Service detection (which has been patched on synapse IIRC)

If anything, trying to patch dex should be the least of your concerns. Dont bother.

1 Like

Bros just praying on my downfall at this point :skull: anyway…
Since you’re so curious, Yes, I do have extensive checks in place to avoid that from happening and it doesn’t even matter… these aren’t meant to be used across roblox it’s just between me and friends to show it’s possible.

“Give up on client-side anti exploit” - Literally the WORSE advice ever given.

99% of the developers just say “don’t trust the client” when there are actually a TON of ways you can secure the client, obviously yes eventually it will get bypassed but think about how many skids it could still detect, instead of giving horrible advice like that urge people to do more research and look into how they could avoid getting their client bypassed. Even if it does, thats ok at least you learned from it and it’s a process you just keep learning.

2 Likes

This is true. There’s some way to protect the client. I don’t know how you do it. But I know you’re not suppose to leak it I assume.

1 Like

I very often hear this exact argument that Dan is making and your counterargument is worded better than I could ever write myself. Infact, I had a heated argument on one thread (which I apologized for, mind you :roll_eyes:) and youve essentially summarized the entire debacle in one post. Good work :grin:

2 Likes

Clearly you have little to no knowledge on how to make an anti-exploit.

If something is handled on the client, it can be bypassed. Period. End of discussion.

If a system requires the client, then there’s something called sanity checks.

There’s no securing the client my guy. This is common knowledge.

I’ve already had an argument with you about this before (same with @OnceCrowned ) and clearly you’ve learned nothing.

TL;DR

Don’t trust the client.

You can’t secure the client. If some system you’re making requires the client, then sanity checks exist.

Stop spreading misinformation.

6 Likes

Coming from a past exploiter on this platform before I got into game development, there are no ‘real’ ways to make an anti-cheat to stop exploits, as you said. I have tried and failed, although knowing how to exploit can make it easier to prevent exploiters from exploiting. Some games do a pretty good job with stopping exploits; I am sure they use a combination of memory checks and watching to verify that scripts that contain the anti-cheat are not manipulated or deleted. You can also watch the logs on clients to confirm that there are no unknown errors which can help prevent exploits. But at the end of the day, exploits will never be patched unless Roblox gives us some advanced way to secure our game. But even then, the only exploits we would be able to prevent are the easy ones(Speed, Fly, Teleport). I suppose you could use data science to attempt to patch aimbots based on the global average of hit/miss as a ration. Although, I will say that even then, this can be exploited.

In summary, no matter what, exploiters will have the advantage. That’s why even AAA games have anti-cheat issues. Battle Eye and EasyAnticheat can’t prevent external exploits simply because it watches game memory rather than graphical mem. And despite it lurking in-game memory, we can still find a way to bypass it by tricking certain bits in memory. I assume if ROBLOX gives the developer the ability to view memory and watch the stack, it can somewhat prevent most exploits. Still, they don’t allow that for “security” reasons, which is a complete lie. They didn’t build that capability into the initial program, so adding to the internal code would be highly difficult.

Anyway, that’s my thoughts on this topic. Interpret this as you will.

6 Likes

Omg there’s a whole warzone here
It’s not possible, use a normal server-sided anti-cheat.

Even if a dex patch is made, it’ll get fixed.
Protect important things, sanity check remotes, and a simple server sided anti-cheat should be enough.

1 Like

i think the some people need to chill out

1 Like