Anti Exploit for Saveinstance & Dex

How would I make a anti saveinstance/anti dex? I know it’s not possible to directly access CoreGui, but I do know it’s possible as Adonis has this feature.

1 Like

I think most detectors look out for client memory spikes, since dex is really resource heavy.

Such detections are heavily gatekept because exploit developers will (obviously) try to patch them, but here’s a few hints for a well-known one!
There’s a function ContentProvider.PreloadAsync, which takes a callback, The callback is called with the asset IDs preloaded, and it generally goes over everything regardless of whether has it loaded already or not. Now let’s think - how would we detect Dex, which uses specific images, given that ContentProvider:PreloadAsync({CoreGui}) is a perfectly valid line & does not bring up any permission errors, and the callback actually receives the asset IDs used within CoreGui?

2 Likes

Also, to add onto this, avoid memory spike detections unless you are like, 10000% certain this is NEVER going to happen under reasonable conditions. I will admit, memory checks can work sometimes, but most of the times you’ll accidentally hit innocent users (which is unacceptable - it’s better to keep a cheater over losing genuine players).

2 Likes