Anti-Tabbing System v1.0.0

Hello there! Introducing a new system called. Anti-Tabbing System!

INSTALL LINK: https://create.roblox.com/store/asset/17295507915/AntiTabbing-System
SHOWCASE GAME: Anti Tab System Showcase - Roblox

Be honest, you atleast have met someone that… lets say floated in the air for no reason? This is called Tabbing. Tabbing is when your roblox is not on Full Screen and you hold the white bar at the top (Only on web version. I hope my best that roblox will patch this soon.)

But anyways… I made a system THAT blocks this. This was very simple to make.
Here is a example of this.

Be honest… pretty annoying huh?

That’s why i made this system! I hope that game developers will use this. The config is very easy too. So it shouldnt be really a issue. Please let me guys know if you find any bugs or bypasses to this!

6 Likes

woah this seems veeery useful for games like slap battles and pretty much every physics related fighting game i will be using this

3 Likes

Yeah, Slap Battles, EVERY single battlegrounds game, combat warriors. LOTS OF GAME to be honest.

by the way im adding a showcase game to this post now ;D

2 Likes

Is this a specifically R6 issue, because I’ve never seen this happen before…

2 Likes

No. This is for all games and it’s kinda bad… This “tabbing” method also bypasses .Touched event from the parts…

1 Like

I just tested this out in Slap Battles and while it does work, the game still runs in the background.

2 Likes

Yes, By the way you shouldn’t tab in roblox games. Because games like The Strongest Battlegrounds, Slap Battles, etc. Take it very seriously and you can get banned in these games.

2 Likes

I’m not necessarily worried about getting banned, I don’t play Slap Battles much and Tencell already got all my money. Anyways, if the game is still running in the background, what’s the point? It’s like Inspect Element. Nothing changes.

1 Like

No, It’s like your entire client pauses. No response, No packets, Just nothing.

1 Like

i think tabbing stops any velocity you had so thats bad too

1 Like

Good idea, very poor execution.
First off, this system can create a ton of false positives for laggy players, which might take longer than 4 seconds for them to stabilize their connection and for the LocalScript to send a message to the server. Trying to prevent this with :GetNetworkPing() will only cause more vulnerabilities as people can use certain programs to modify their ping, which effectively makes your system useless.

Second, what’s stopping an exploiter from running this event constantly in the background while still being able to tab out? Your system doesn’t solve the problem, unfortunately.

1 Like

uhhh… it doesn’t. the velocity is still there but u just freeze. So yeah close but if u had like 0, 100000, 0 velocity and you tab you wouldn’t get rid of it

1 Like

for poor connection, theres a “settings tab” where you can disable for poor internet players. + Why should exploiters tab if they already have exploits bro what :sob:

1 Like

and you mean like clumsy huh? well i mean you can modify the script somehow. i just gave a example so you know. don’t go so aggresive on me

1 Like

Already answered it in this section:

Just a simple example on how vulnerable your system is.

Creating a system like this is completely useless and will do nothing but worsen the problem for low-end devices. Instead of creating a system like this, you can create a bug report or message the bug-reports team about this issue. Or at the very least, you can create a server-script that detects if the player is in the air, or is standing still without any movement.

low-end devices can catch up in 4 seconds. i mean come on who would play on roblox on 0.1 FPS.

maybe you’re right here, but its not really that useless. trust me.

Any proof to back up that claim? Have you tested every single low-end device in the industry, or have you ever done game development at all?

Packets can sometimes create issues when being received (i.e: streaming in complex and big models), causing a huge lag spike which may last more than 4 seconds.
FPS doesn’t matter here, what matters is responsiveness with the packets being sent and recieved.

man you’re confusing…

i don’t understand what you’re trying to explain. i added a feature if u have high ping then it ignores you. and when you get some “FPS lags” you get high ping. and if u tab its still normal ping you had eariler

Im trying to explain that even with the ignoring high ping, this system is flawed. Someone can use an external tool to increase their ping over to the limit that the system ignores them, and they can tab out in peace. Easily bypassed. But at the same time, if you don’t include that high ping ignoring system, many false positives will appear from laggy players with high ping.

It’s not reliable, easily bypassable even without exploits, and just plain pointless as there are far better options out there.

how would i make this script not activate in studio playtesting? the studio takes so long to load that by the time it finishes im already kicked