Any advice to help me with Textures?

Hello! I need help.
So I use textures and all but I can’t seem to get them to look right.
I’m trying to make an abandoned western gunsmith.
I need all the knowledge I can get about making textures look better
Please help me out here! I will appreciate it :slight_smile:
If there’s any tips and tricks you would like to share, please do so. Common or rare, or legendary. Anything to help a friend master building, Please, and thank you! :slight_smile: :heart:

Are these your own textures created from an editing program?

No, they are used from textures.com

I personally don’t think that has anything to do with Roblox’s part. Probably the websites quality after exporting it to Roblox. Are you able to see it’s resolution? If not, why don’t you download a picture from google with your desired resolution.

1 Like

Alright, well the reason why the textures are like that is because the ends of the texture just aren’t blended very well from the creator itself. I highly suggest using a different texture from the website you already use, using textures from the development decals or creating your very own.

1 Like

How do I create my own? And if the ends aren’t blended very well then how do I do it myself? :slight_smile:

You need an editing program, I highly suggest using photoshop for creating textures. Also, to blend you just simply have to blur and copy to eventually allow the texture in game to blend with the multiple textures on one part.

Thank you so much! Anything else as advice?

when using textures try to make the texture not more bright or more dark on a specific part of the texture, it will then look weird when it loops, i recommend cropping the texture to this image and then adjust the size of the texture on the properties to your liking

1 Like

Thanks! Anything else you need to tell me? :slight_smile:

Thank you! I’ll try to find good resolution, but I’m new to this so is there any good resolutions that’s recommended?

text test 2
How does these wood planks look now?

1 Like

I do in fact use that. I just change the transparency to like around .7 so you still get the small details but it also blends more.

Yeah, my transparency is 5.5 is that good enough for these? I don’t know what to do :frowning:

Send a photo of the texture with that amount. Also send your texture’s presets.

I only have one texture but here :slight_smile:

This varies from the texture’s design. I personally use textures.com as well and it consists of pretty high quality texture materials. Make sure to increase the studs of the textures and if it doesn’t work out well, find a new texture.

1 Like

How do I “increase the studs of the texture”? I’m pretty much a noob at this :sweat_smile:

If you look at the textures, it should have 2 boxes saying about studs. As you increase them, they get bigger.

Oh!! I thought you meant something about editing the photo, oh I been knew about studs, I know about the roblox properties. I just need help to make them look better. They seem like they’re duplicated, and I hate that. I just want to make old abandoned wood :frowning:

1 Like