Any basic tips for noob builders?

Nicee, thank you very much for the tips and stuff, it will really help me a lot :smiley:

2 Likes

Use increments. Less is sometimes more. Don’t spam neon everywhere, it doesn’t look good. Learn how to properly use lighting.

3 Likes

Put it overall together in Studio but there is nothing wrong making some small details in blender.

No, I really only ever use 2 or 3 textures anywise so I don’t think there is a need.

Use the “Smooth Plastic” texture on everything and align your parts perfectly.

3 Likes

Hello, i would highly recommend to build with Studio parts. I’m more of a game designer, but with enough time and for submissions my builds are fairly decent. If you want to make letters with parts i’d suggest to use plugins, i think the one im using is called 3D Text Generator but currently im not able to go to studio and check. You can use whatever textures you want but studio ones are the best ones, the best ones in my opinion are wood, smooth plastic and metal plate or however is that called. In order to get the ‘clean look’ use mostly smooth plastic and try not to get too much texture glitches. Also a little not so popular building trick, pick a part with glass material and put reflectance on 100. Have fun!

3 Likes

Alrighty, thank you so much! :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you, and I did find a text plugin as other people did provide the name ^^ and thanks for all the tips!

1 Like

Hello there,
First of all, I prefer Roblox Studio to Blender. Because roblox studio is more suitable for beginners. It can size, move, program parts … and more. Even if you are not professional with blender, you will have a hard time without any knowledge. But individuals can do this even if you have no experience with Roblox Studio. (There may be exceptions.)

You can change the materials to make the structures smooth. You can also add images to parts and create your own textures.

I hope I could help.

Sincerely,
@dikyar9

2 Likes
  1. You should use roblox studio and get used to studio and then use Blender.
  2. I would recommend using a plugin to make letters because making them normally is hard
  3. It is all up to you and if you want to use custom textures
  4. You can double check what you’ve built and remove any unnecessary bricks
2 Likes

Thank you, it was a lot of help! :grin:

1 Like

nicee, thank you so much! :grinning:

1 Like

It doesn’t matter what tools you use: blender or roblox unless you’re making a huge game that would need the meshes to be optimized. Letters can be made via a plugin or just use paint 3d. Textures should be used sparingly. Try to use the lowest resolution possible without it hindering the look. Proportions. It doesn’t matter how detailed the build is, it will look bad if the proportions are messed up.

2 Likes

Nicee, thank you very much! smile:

2 Likes

One thing is please do not use free models! They can jeopardize your game, and your reputation as a developer. To answer your questions, I’d recommend starting on Roblox Studio. It is easier to use, and can get just as good of a result. And just stick with Roblox textures, imo there is no need to make any crazy changes. Also, here are three plugins that really help me:

2 Likes

To do text you can just use an plugin from the Library or have an friend suggest a good one.

2 Likes

This question I really like. I study the art of Feng Shui, and it can answer that question with “do not add unnecessary clutter in your builds.” Also, it saves performance.

2 Likes

Well you’re one to talk. :flushed:

2 Likes

Yeah ok, I think I will stop replying to all the replies, there’s so many! :yum: But I still appreciate them all nonetheless!

1 Like

Oh nice, thanks for the thing about performance issues too!

1 Like