Any free Catalog Proxy that can take up a lot of requests?

I used to use a free proxy to dig for data of catalog items, but one day it stopped working. Does anyone know or host proxies for this? I am looking for something that can take up >200 requests per minute

2 Likes

rprxy.xyz but I suggest getting a VPS and programming the whole thing yourself. You could use it for much more than just a proxy.

1 Like

I thought rprxy.xyz can only search for music and get data form users. I didn’t see any catalog options

That’s their custom API. I’ll get on in a sec and explain more.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, what’s your use case for this? Are you making something similar to Catalog Heaven?

3 Likes

The API page you’re looking at is rprxy’s custom stuff. It’s there to make your job easier. It’s not the only thing though. Try going to rprxy.xyz/games. It’s a direct tunnel. Theoretically, you should be able to plug your req variable there into rprxy (instead of search.roblox.com >> search.rprxy.xyz)

The url is blocked though. I’ll try to get in contact with Froast (rprxy dev) to unblock it but he’s a ghost on DevForum and isn’t in any Roblox based Discord servers.

Until such a time, rprxy isn’t a choice I guess, unless there are other endpoints you want to try as well.

Are there any other choices other than rprxy?

Froast is in fact in the Roblox API server… the invite is linked on the roblox-js repository. If you’re too lazy, here’s an invite: https://discord.gg/EDXNdAT

1 Like

The catalog API on rprxy.xyz is intentionally blocked because Roblox silently blocks requests if there are too many coming from one source. Since a lot of people use rprxy and a lot of people used the catalog, what ended up happening was that the requests would fail anyways.

If you want a good production solution you can use ProxyService, which has easy instructions for setting up your own proxy server that is much more robust. Alternatively rprxy is open source, you can also set up your own rprxy server but it is more complicated than setting up ProxyService.

5 Likes

Thank you man. Your instructions are really clear and helpful.

It works fine at first, but after about 30 seconds it returns some nil json. Is there a way to fix this?