Any Game Ideas for Beginners that could generate revenue?

Hey everyone,

I’m a beginner developer and I was thinking to make a game which could generate me some Robux for some later projects.

I know some simple scripting and modelling and I’ve also made an Obby and also a Tower Defense game.

Can’t wait for the ideas!
Unique.

You can make a roblox shop where you can sell scripts models etc,

Not a lot of options (original ones at least), personally I’d go with one of those “Every second you get +1 jump power”.

1 Like

Game ideas? Yes.

Revenue? I don’t think I can help with that.

Try this game idea:

Escape (DevForum Idea 1): The player starts in a small room with only a door, when they walk through the door, it only leads to a slightly bigger room with only a door, however this one requires a button to be pushed before it opens into another slightly bigger room, once again only with a door and a slightly harder puzzle to open it. Each room progressively gets bigger and harder and there could be a timed mode where you either race your previous time or only have a certain amount of time in each room before the whole thing resets and an endless mode where the rooms are randomly generated and never end. (Post links: Post 1 Post 2) This was original at first but then given to another user, he made a rough draft and gave up

I don’t get this post at all. If you had a good idea for a game, why would you want to share it so people can just copy off you?

A more natural way to generate new ideas is to see what types of games are trending and what content they feature, and if there is any way you can improve them. Another way could be to search for trends that are gaining popularity in Google Trends, and feature that content in your game. You can utilise AI to ask specific and objective questions to generate the ideas for the base of your game too.

as in I have to create my own website that I can sell scripts and models on?

AI doesn’t know what’s doing good on Roblox now and what’s doing bad. Overall, it wouldn’t give a good game suggestion that could generate Robux.

But you can include this knowledge when you prompt AI. If AI doesn’t work for you, you can still try other ways I have listed in my reply. You can also refer to this DevForum topic to explore more in-depth on Monetisation in games:

Side note, but I feel that games shouldn’t just be focused on revenue. It can be tempting to looking at front page games, but you should ultimately be focusing on the experience and replayability of a game. You’ll need to take time to experiment and figure out how to engage Players in the first place before thinking about monetisation.

yeah but like what sort of game would get on the front page?