Any Horror game ideas?

I have been working on a horror game about a child who gets lost in the woods and finds a mysterious building. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or tips for the game as far as Graphic Design, Animations, Cut scenes, and Weapons.

If you do, Please comment bellow.

3 Likes

Maybe the horror character could have a bone axe coming out of it’s back that acts as an arm.

3 Likes

Okay, That does sound sort of disturbing. I might add that in the battle scene.

1 Like

Really disturbing:
Child makes a friend who is following him, and you turn around for a cutscene of the child following him stepping on a beartrap or something and getting basically cut in half, but the camera cuts away in order to not show it. You still hear the loud SNAP and the thing still happens, but you don’t actually see it.

2 Likes

Okay, I will try to add that soon, Thanks!

That might be a bit over the top, chills just thinking about it

be able to stun the villain/ monster who you have to survive from with a tazer

2 Likes

There will be actual guns in the end. It will have a few waves of monsters to.

ok, have you decided on a name yet?

1 Like

Explora (Story) is the name. Our ideas manager came up with it. I am making it with a lot of people who are friends.

ok cool. now im just typing becouse you need 30 characters to send a reply and so i couldnt just say ok cool

1 Like

okay, thanks for the suggestion, it sounds very cool

1 Like

Hey, Aidan. I recommend you make the graphic style a first-person type with a Slenderman feel to it. Since your game revolves around a child in the forest and Slenderman’s lore is about children to an extent, you could make it in a similar universe but with your own ideas. For weapons, go for a clinical feel, rusty scissors, bone saws, axes, debris, etc. On the note of cut scenes, I’d say they won’t be necessary if it’s going to be a first person point of view; some would say cutscenes can detract from an experience, and immersion is what can hook on players. For example, games like Half-Life 2 have no cutscenes, you experience everything firsthand as Gordon, no cutaways, it feels like you’re him. In Grand Theft Auto V, there’s a transition to the cutscene, you talk and walk as you’re going up to characters. This all depends on what kind of mood you want to establish, how in depth the story is going to be.

1 Like

This is just a random idea I had the other day, but I think you (or anyone else reading this) may want to take a look at creating some kind of horror game based off of this old roblox film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDP64nm_UQY

1 Like

make a horror game similar to the game “I Remember This Dream” [Jacksepticeye made a gameplay video if you want to check it out] Instead of using jumpscares, the game gives you the feeling of being stalked.

1 Like

that is the vibe i want, thank you.

1 Like