Any idea for a game name?

So, i have a game im working on, and i have been trying to come up with a name too it for 2 days now. That’s why im asking here.

About the game:
It is an arcade racing game, inspired by “TrackMania”
There are going to be like 10-50 players in a race (depends on the size of the race track)
That’s all i think you need to know, ask in the comments otherwise.

About the name
The name should describe how the game is and what you do in it. Just by looking at the name you should understand that it is a racing game. But i still don’t want the name to be “Car Racer” or something like that. The name style im looking for is “WreckFest” or “TrackMania” and those type of names. I also want the name to be original and not like “Car simulator” or “Car world” i would also prefer if it didn’t have the word “car” in it or the word “Race” The reason i don’t want “Race” or “Car” in it is cause it is to “un original” It will just sound like any other regular racing game and most people will just shrug it off.
It also should be short, and not a long sentence like “Roblox Arcade Racing”

Hope i explained well, if not, just ask in the comments.

9 Likes

Personally when I make a game the first thing I think of is the name of the game then the concept. But probably it’s just me :crazy_face:

Start by thinking what you want in the name (the keywords) and then try finding some combinations which match using the keywords and picks the one you think will attract the biggest audience. Take name inspiration from other similar ROBLOX games or even other arcade style racing game to help you. If you’re at a point that you have some good titles and can’t choose between them, try imagining yourself in the front page and tell yourself “which title represents the game most” or if you’re going for revenue (which you can, but don’t make it your ultimate goal because it will affect your mentality into not enjoying making the game and turning the hobby into a forced work, affecting the quality of your game, making it less enjoyable for the players too) think “what is the most attention-grabbing name (without loosing the feel of the gameplay)”

Hope these points were useful and I wish you good luck in your game development.
There’s quite a big racing community within the ROBLOX community, so there’s a big chance that your game can become successful if you work hard and find your ideal title. :slightly_smiling_face:

If you found it useful, you could always mark it as a solution :wink:

1 Like

That is already what i had in mindset when thinking of a name. It is a good comment but unfortunately not really what i was looking for, im more looking for a name too the game. Since im not creative enough to come up with one myself, thats why i went here.

The closest I thought of a name for you was ‘Roblox Racing Mania (RRM)’, but you said you didn’t want to include the word race in it. Sorry if I wasn’t helpful enough, that’s all I could really think of for help

1 Like

Sounds like a great game!, Here are some names I thought of:

• RoMania (Just remembered this was a place lol)
  • DriftBlox
  • DriftMania
  • RoDrag

Hope I helped! :heart:

2 Likes

Sorry if i sound picky or something, but here is what i think about them:

1. “RoMania” sounds to old school and it is “Romania” if you change what letters are capital which is a country
  2. “DriftBlox” it is quite unoriginal, i don’t really want blox in it and im not focusing on a blocky style for it. And people will join the game thinking it is a drifting game or something like that.
  3. “DriftMania” Same as the one above, also people will just think it is a ripoff off “TrackMania” as the names are very similar.
  4. “RoDrag” it sounds to much like a drag racing game and not a arcade style racing game.

Sorry if i was too picky, i just want the name to original and that will make people want to play it.

2 Likes

I see, well whatever suits your tastes will suit your game! Those names were just ones that came up at the top of my head but I do hope you will think of a name soon!

1 Like

Tracing
Tra = Track
tRacing = Race / Racing
Just a basic idea lol

Without context, “Tracing” will just sound like it is a raytracing showcase or something else. Most people probably wont understand that it is a racing game.

Just my thought of it tho.

I’ve got some names:

• Grand Circuit

• The Pit

• Drift Path

• DriftCourse

• Lapathon (Marathon + Lap)

• Last Lap (or Final Lap)

• FinishLine (or Finish Line)

• The Heat

• Flag’s Up

• PitStop (or Pit Stop)

Some names in this list suck, but hey, that’s all that I could come up with :grin:

I hope this helped.

2 Likes

name it: Cook steak in a car Simulator
LOL

1 Like

I wont say my thought on all of the names, since then this comment would be super long. But most of these makes the game sound like a drifting simulator or an nascar or F1 game

To be honest, Race To The Finish Line sounds cool, but it’s long and, oh my, what a coincidence, it has race in it :expressionless:

It is not cause it has race in it, it is mostly as it is so long. The reason i don’t want to have race in it is cause i just get to many ideas that are like “Car Racing” or “Racing Simulator” or “Car simulator” or “Racing Universe”

Well, you see. Without race in the name, it’s now even harder to find a good name. I’ve been thinking about FinalRace, RaceMania, or RaceDay. But hey, it’s your game and it’s your taste :smiley:

Those are good names, i said above why it don’t want it to have race in it. It can still have it but i just said it cause as stated above " i just get to many ideas that are like “Car Racing” or “Racing Simulator” or “Car simulator” or “Racing Universe ”

Speed, SpeedRush, AbsoluteDrift, Xelarate ( a word commonly used instead of accelerate) :3 Just some ideas :3

1 Like

Fiery Tracks
Dashing tracks
Solid speed…

just put 2 words together and try to make it sound cool xd

2 Likes

Maybe “Speed Boost”?

30chars

DriftTracks

FlameRace

Drifters

DriftMania