Any ideas for a Simulator?

So, I’ve decided that I wanna make a simulator game, but I don’t know what it should be. Could ya’ll give me some ideas for a simulator? It could really help me think of other ideas, and start making my game! Thanks!
-Aztralzz

3 Likes

well if it’s your first project you should start with basic stuff like an Obby, a Speed run or a tycoon

5 Likes

It’s not my first map. I just need ideas for a game that will be fun to play, and engaging! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Piggy type games are really popping off, or so ive been told. You could also do a roleplaying game like adopt me, but maybe try something new so you don’t have as much competition

1 Like

There’s many factors and ways to finding a game idea you want to create since your new or if your still learning, you wanna start off simple and learn the process.

Try making - finding an idea that hasn’t been on the front page or ever created before, maybe create a game that you will have to role play as animals or reptiles ect. I think the more stuff you can role play as the better your game will be different from existing games, even try creating different games maybe start with a tycoon or role play games something that I’ll like to see on the platform:

Don’t rush when creating games, or huge projects start out slow and steady and then you’ll be on your way to creating those huge projects you plan to do later down the line: obby, simulators, adventure games, role play so on and so forth.

OK guys, I figured out what CATEGORY this game will be in. Could anyone give me a few simulator ideas? And a short description would help greatly.

Firstly, I think that this should be coming from you cause you can’t always expect people to be giving you ideas and you yourself should be responsible for your own original game ideas.

I think a simulator would be good as long as it’s not a cashgrab or pay to win. However, simulators have a bad image because there have been many pay to win simulators and low effort simulators which took over the platform.

Something with a storyline will also be good. People really liked Piggy mainly because of the storyline and characters, you can try and find a way to put that into a game idea.

I mean, I wasn’t going to copy their idea directly. I was going to look at multiple ideas that I got and maybe combine them or tweak one or another in some form, that’s why I needed ideas. I need a baseplate, something to start off with.

:stuck_out_tongue: I hope this post isn’t already dead.

1 Like

Personally I don’t like simulators because of how boring it is and very repetitive. Try thinking of your own original idea for a game instead of just taking popular game’s ideas into your own game. If you see jailbreak and mad city, they’re the same idea but with different content. The whole concept is to be a criminal and break the law or be a cop enforce the law. See what I mean by taking game ideas into your own game?

Simulators nowadays are just repetitive and copied you should think of a simulator game that hasn’t been made on the platform or ever created looking at (Bee swarm simulator).

For an example it has quests instead of giving players in-game currency players tend to get bored trying to achieve useful tools just to stand on a flat map gaining coins.

Not to mention the fact that most of games made usually just have a flat surface with clicking, holding down your mouse, just trying to achieve simple items that don’t benefit the players in anyway.

However that doesn’t mean making a simulator isn’t bad - terrible It just needs a active - proper gameplay. Nobody wants another simulator game with same mechanics and repetitive designs try to make yours stand out from others.

If you’re going to make a simulator, ACTUALLY SIMULATE SOMETHING! Most of the games we call “simulators” aren’t actually simulators, they are clickers. A sim doesn’t even have to have “simulator” in the name. Most games are simulators actually. MadCity – simulate being a cop, crim, or hero. NDS – simulate surviving natural disasters. The list could go on and on. I’m sorry if this doesn’t help, but I think you should know the truth about the genre before making the game.

If you’re going to make a simulator make it original. don’t make it a clicker. Have quests and things you can do on the side to keep the players attention. If you’re just starting out in game development maybe lean towards something thats not so script heavy like an obby then work your way up. Hope this helps and good luck!

1 Like

Nowadays we can’t think of actual original ideas since simulators are a bit unoriginal and over 10,000 simulators exist, however you want it to have a special aspect that makes it unique, actual simulation and not clicking time waste?

Maybe a pvp game? kills = points
points = new tools
new tools = more points? it would be interesting
what I suggested you it has more with datastore and scripting leaderstats and other things to do.

For example I am working on a pvp with cash system it will give the killer cash everytime they kill someone.