Any methods I can use to move first person body parts?

I want to make first person arms that move with your screen, and move around the direction you move them. But I can’t figure out how to do it. I checked out Stack Overflow but they just found my question as something that they don’t need to deal with so… Yea.

I wanted it to be with a tool, and I need some methods on doing it. I don’t wanna ask for a script because I want to know how it works so I can fix it in the future and do it again in the future.

Anything that can help me would be appreciated. I preferably want posts that explain how it works and how to use it. If not, posts that have to do with it are appreciated as well.

I wanted to try using Viewport Frames but I am not an expert on those, and I don’t think you can do it with tools. Since I am making a flashlight.

Like I said before, it doesn’t have to be the whole thing in one post, I just need anything that helps.

I might be at school or asleep so if I don’t respond that is why.

Search for viewmodels in the tool box.

They have fps arms and a camera part.

On the client have a renderstepped event and set viewmodel.CFrame = camera.CFrame
You can later on animate the arms.

Just take a look at the beginning of that article. If you are interested, you can look further through

How do I make the arms play animations? Also the tutorial you put up is something I’ve already tried. And it did not work.

To add to that, it doesn’t explain what anything does, it is more of a “put this here” kind of tutorial.

Ah, the article mentions you must have background knowledge

Do you already have a viewmodel inserted into your game?

Have a renderstepped event always setting the CFrame of the cameraPart to the cameras CFrame.

Create animations and set them to looped. check when the player is running,walking or idle and if their state changes, stop all animations and play the correct one.

1 Like

No, I will insert a viewmodel soon, I am at school at the moment

When I make animations they never work they always just say something like it not being a valid humanoid or something.

I assume you want to see the arms? You can do this to make the arms visible, this’ll also work with animations
R6 models:

local self,player = script.Parent,game.Players.LocalPlayer
local char = player.Character or player.CharacterAdded:wait()
 local humanoid = char:WaitForChild("Humanoid") -- waits for the humanoid in the character

function antiTrans(part)
    if part and part:IsA("BasePart") and( part.Name=="Left Arm" or part.Name=="Right Arm") then -- checks if a part and is a arm
        part.LocalTransparencyModifier = part.Transparency
        part.Changed:connect(function (property)    
            part.LocalTransparencyModifier = part.Transparency--Changes the local modifyer(client side only)
        end)
    end
end

for _,v in pairs(char:GetChildren()) do
    antiTrans(v) -- adds all parts
end

R15 models:

local self,player = script.Parent,game.Players.LocalPlayer
local char = player.Character or player.CharacterAdded:wait()
 local humanoid = char:WaitForChild("Humanoid") -- waits for the humanoid in the character

function antiTrans(part)
    if part and part:IsA("BasePart") and( part.Name=="LeftUpperArm"  or part.Name=="LeftLowerArm" or part.Name=="LeftHand" or part.Name=="RightUpperArm" or part.Name=="RightLowerArm" or part.Name=="RightHand") then -- checks if a part and is a arm
        part.LocalTransparencyModifier = part.Transparency
        part.Changed:connect(function (property)    
            part.LocalTransparencyModifier = part.Transparency--Changes the local modifyer(client side only)
        end)
    end
end

for _,v in pairs(char:GetChildren()) do
    antiTrans(v) -- adds all parts
end

Well I want to know how to see the arms wherever your camera is instead of the arms being in one place. I want to also make the arms move when you move your camera. So wherever you look, your arms will be there, and the arms move left right up down depending on where you look.

I am not asking for scripts, but rather just looking for some tutorials that would help. I preferably want ones that tell how it works and how to use it, its so I can fix it in the future.

Do you know what renderstepped events are and the basics of CFrame? Every frame, set the CFrame of the camera part to the camera’s CFrame. I do not think you need a tutorial. Make this in a client script.

Alvin blox has a videos about the basics of cframes and the dev king has a tutorial about runservice(he explains how to use a renderstepped event)

I know about renderstepped and cframe. Just not a big expert on renderstepped.