Any recommended ways on making an inventory system that doesn't use tools?

for the past few days, I’ve been working on an inventory system. I’ve gotten pretty close on getting a functional system, but it always ends up having bugs that I can’t fix. I have a basic level of understanding on scripting, I haven’t been able to find tutorials that fit my needs. I’m trying to make an inventory system that works similar to how minecraft’s inventory functions but most of the tutorials I find aren’t remotely similar…

I’ve also tried using chat gpt to help write snippets of code for me, but it didn’t help much.

If you have a good tutorial or have an open-sourced system that works well, please put it down below it will greatly help!!!

Do you use OOP? Implementing ‘objects’ into an inventory system will make it a lot easier to deal with.

2 Likes

nah, I never actually heard of that method lol. (ok so I just found this article OOP Inventory System - Resources / Community Tutorials - Developer Forum | Roblox I’m definitely am going to do some research on it because it seems promising!!)

1 Like

Have done this a few times for different projects, commenting to support OOP as the most straightforward means of doing so and to add another solid article that I still reference at times

1 Like

If you want any type of help i am available and for FREE

1 Like

Let me know if you have any questions.

1 Like