Any Suggestions on any coding related stuffs that i probably dont know and i should learn as a intermediate

So what kind of coding stuffs do I need to learn to be a better programmer?

I’ve been coding for the last two years and quit for 1 year, I was still a beginner when I quit coding, then came back this year to learn to code again, i started again 3 or 5 months ago if I remember correctly and finally learned more kinds of stuff than last 2 years.

IMO i consider myself as INTERMEDIATE

btw i don’t know if I should put this into dev discussions or just keep it at scripting support

To be a better programmer now that you’re intermediate I’d recommend just working on big games and trying to actually finish them, It’ll help a lot!

Along with that look into modules, and meta tables as they will help a lot in the long run!

Thats what I did lol :sob:

1 Like

You should start working on small projects then. Think about a game you’d like to develop and start working on it. You’ll quickly figure out how far you’ve come, based on the complexity of the project of course. It would be a good starting point to expand your knowledge, as the process would go:

Unable to complete a section of the game → Look up solution online → Implement it in your game and learn something new in the process → Repeat until you’re able to finish the project or at least get it to a good playable prototype stage.

1 Like

I’m programmer for 7 years and my intermediate period was the funniest one, i used to create a lot of fun projects as i couldn’t make efficient games, with intermediate knowledge you should keen on smaller pieces that will work rather than big projects, those smaller pieces usually require strange solutions that you will need to learn before doing those projects

Another thing is trying to create your own unique style, and learn how to code efficiently by using various methoods

After some time, i reccomend you to create some stuff before moving on, you should try to learn what each paradigm does, Functional Programming, Procedural Programming and Object-Oriented Programming, then you should learn when to use which one soo your code will be more reusable and better overall

Practice is crucial to create good foundation, that you will use to understand more advanced concepts

Good luck with your programming jorney

1 Like

lol, Anyways ill try to work onto big games. Thank you:))

1 Like

currently trying OOP, Anyways thank you bro, Wish me luck!

1 Like

Great! Ill try this one… Thank you, it really helps me alot!