Any thoughts about these cars?

I started to build my own cars to add to my city which i’m still working on. I’d like to hear some thoughts about these cars before i start to place in my city i’ve been working on. I also appreciate any suggestions or improvements on the cars.

8 Likes

Try adding exhaust tubes and moving the middle tires on the trucks backwards further. These look pretty nice, assuming they match your game’s style. Good work!

3 Likes

Looks quite good man, things i would suggest make the window a bit lower. Plus you should add a door opener to it, like Gravity said try adding a exhaust tubes to the trucks and a little pipe to the cars.! And try lowering the trunk on the truck a bit! Great work tho keep it up!!

2 Likes

Maybe make the hood/bonnet taller? Apart from that, great build @CarloBloxDev!

3 Likes

Pretty nice! I would make the top of the cars a little more triangular just so it doesn’t look like a box on wheels. :joy:

2 Likes

The cabin looks a bit to tall for the car.

1 Like

Agreed, with @sonihi The Cabin looks a bit high, I think a little more detail in the hood can be used as well.

1 Like

Hello, @CarloBloxDev!

Sorry I’m a bit late to this post, but I really wanted to say something! I love the style and design of the vehicles but I think a few minor adjustments could make a big difference.

My first suggestion would be adjusting the height of the hood!

So that it’s proportioned correctly but still maintaining the low-poly design.

Another small suggestion would be changing the wheel spacing, as vehicles with 6 wheels more typically have two further at the back, as shown below!

Additionally, the tires look too thin in your original post and I’d suggest to better match the style making them a little bit thicker.

A final suggestion, depending on how you’re styling the rest of the game is making the wheels low-poly instead of circular.

Tutorial

This can be achieved easily by creating a brick and rotating it in factors of 360 degrees!
Calculate using: 360* / number of sides = rotation | e.g 360 / 8 = 45
E.g 30, 45, depending on the level of detail you’re going for (I’d suggest 45* for wheels, creating an octagon)

And then using Stravant’s ResizeAlign plugin to line up each part to create a hexagon as shown below:

Resulting in:
finishedwheel
(a hexagon used for demonstration, but it’s a bad shape for a wheel - I’d go with an octagon or Dodecagon)

If you ever texture these, it may be helpful to union to hide overlapping glitches or using a mesh, but with smoothplastic you should be fine

Hope you, or someone else, finds this post helpful! Best of luck with your city :slight_smile:

1 Like

They look good, however i feel like the cabin is too tall and it would looks better without the center wheel.

1 Like