Any thoughts on my mech?

Hi there! my name is Tank and i need some thoughts on my mech that i was working on (its unfinished) and i want to see how i could improve it. The theme i am trying to do is a “futuristic mech” like a mech with laser armor looking things. right now i have been building for around a month and i wanna try to get into 3D modeling in blender and make amazing models and stuff.

Back

Summary

Front

Summary

Side

Summary

Feel fee to give me as much criticism as you want, it makes me a better builder in the future! and feel free to contact me at discord: Tank#2911

2 Likes

Just by looking at the pictures, I can’t really tell what it is supposed to be but I can tell where you are going with this. You mentioned that it is a “futuristic mech” sort of theme. The stereotypical futuristic, sci-fi kind theme consists of things that you have already included, like neon stripes and symmetrical, abnormal shapes.

Like you mentioned in your post about blender, it is an amazing starting point to 3D modeling. You can really get those high detail parts of a build with minimal effort. Assuming that you are going to use Blender 2.8, I recommend watching a few tutorials, but one I recommend is this one where they model a low-poly car, where similar or even the same principles apply. Then once you master that, you can work on more advanced projects, where you can mesh certain guns or weapons, but more towards that sci-fi theme in your case, like mentioned earlier, to better improve on high-poly type models, if that’s what your current aim is. I also recommend getting a few reference or inspiration images to really help you with modelling and applying certain parts of an image to your project or even trying to attempt to try something new which you haven’t learnt yet.

However, back to your current images of your project, it’s a decent starting point but I would say try to make something new that no one has seen before. Maybe a different colour scheme or play around with the shape and size, or maybe even go to the extent of making a new character style with custom animations to better fit this laser armor. This is all I have right now so I hope this helps a bit.

1 Like

hah. thanks for the feedback! i would try to make something pretty different and unique that nobody has ever seen before and stuff after i learn how to master building and 3D modeling. those are great options for me, like making a gun those are pretty great. I could do animations for this mech which would look pretty freaking epic in my opinion! i can’t wait to do that after im done with this mech my man.

In my opinion, it appears to be to “blocky”. I suggest to add multiple parts for the body so it does not appear to be one single part. For example:

Credits to “HiddenKaiser”.

1 Like

Well dang! that was the most epic mech i have ever saw but i will be taking that tip into the future to make my mech less blocky

Like @x22pp said, its a little hard to tell exactly what it is from just a few pictures. So when it’s more complete I think you should definitely post some more! Judging based off of what you have so far though, I would say it very much fits the genre you were going for! I also like the contrast between the neon green and the solid black! The only thing I would say is maybe add a little more detail, such as some exposed circuitry, or extra little metal plates here and there. But overall I think it’s a really great build so far. Nice work!

As I usually tend to tell people, spend more time on your models, don’t rush them, and try and use reference images, that picture you showed us doesn’t add up to anything. Be brave and try out new stuff.

Gryves is correct in this matter. Professional builds take time. There is no deadline (unless your boss rushes you). I suggest making a mood board and plan on what you want to build. However, get creative! Roblox “Powers Imagination” after all.