Any tips about plane building

Any tips on plane building, especially people who specialize in building planes?
I an not finished with the tail end, i know that isnt right

8 Likes

If you want to try building a plane. I would suggest using blender and maybe using some tutorials or time lapse videos to help you out.

I found this time lapse video very helpful so i decided to remake it myself to help me practice in blender. (You might need to slow down the video to 0.5x)

I ended up finishing it and it looked like this on Roblox studio.
LP%20Plane%202
Anyways that is how I would go about learning to model a plane.
Hope this helps out! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Make some big turbines, more windows, add some details, a logo maybe. If you want to make interior, seats, food, water bottles, a big door next to the pilot compartment. That’s all I can think.

Uh, this is a piper arrow, not a large passenger jet

1 Like

Also, an updated version

One of my only suggestions is don’t use CSG! If you look at the CSG free modeled planes they are all messy.

Honestly, this is already really nice. Since you already said you don’t want to use Blender, my only advice is to keep doing what you’re doing and get better over time!

1 Like

I completely agree! After many and many union failures along my Building Expedition I have chosen to completely avoid the use CSG at all costs! In moderation, all Unions and CSG components can also be built with amounts of parts, meshes or brick! It all comes down to the principles of Geometry; “Most if not every shape can be formed through the use of Rectangles (4-sided objects).” Therefore, there is no reason why you should prioritize CSG of default building tools. Great post, loertis!

1 Like

I can use blender, but i enjoy looking at complicated curves and shapes and figuring out how to create them using roblox’s csg v2. I dont understand why so many people dislike csg.

I have seen those free models. Free models have a reputation of being bad, and those models use csg v1, which can cause a crinkled paper effect.

CSG can be a major problem when working with large amounts of items/parts. This is due to the algorithms it uses to guess the shape of the Union. To do this, it creates many, many, many triangles to sort out any of the curves that are being built. This can cause lag in game and even result in a complete vanishing of the Union itself do to the false BestGuesses and overall CSG Design. This can result in user frustration, and from personal experience, it is best to not mess CSG at all.

1 Like

I know of those problems, unions disappearing seems to only happen with publishing online, not just saving. I also keep the components of each union I make until I close studio and come back and the union is there. With triangle count, I checked on blender and the triangle count was very reasonable.