Any Tips for Blender Modelling?

Hey guys! I’m a pretty new dev around here and I just recently started messing around with Blender and Moddeling on roblox studio, I was just wondering if anybody had any Tips which could help improve my builds instead of just following a tutorial like the Blender Guru One on the Donut, I only started yesterday so I’m pretty noob but I’m looking to improve! Any feedback Helps!

This was just my first render (Obviously from the tutorial) And I just want some Feedback!
Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

Best way to do it is to just play around with the program! I’ve been modeling for about 4-5 months now and I’ve been feeling more and more confident by the day just by trying to do things I wanted to try my hand in.

While texturing is still pretty difficult for me, I’m sure I am close enough to nailing the modeling part :eyes:
Here’s some stuff I made while just messing around with Blender:

7 Likes

Ah, another person who learns from Blender Guru. The render looks great but there are some problems:

• The icing reflects light like a mirror.
  • The render’s background shouldn’t be like that. Either increase the background’s size or zoom the camera in.
    Lastly, here’s my flex render at the end of the series

Keep going. He’s the best way to learn the fundamentals

2 Likes

Thanks! Those renders look really cool, love the tentacle one!

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll try to improve my future builds with these tips!

They’re not renders. Those are just screenshots from the program lol

1 Like

Right lol but still look pretty cool

WAit you made that donut an coffee and those other things all in blender! Wow that is amazing!

Here’s a tip (I’m no professional) but be PATIENT. Don’t expect to get everything on your first try! Blender is a very complicated software for some people and it can take time to get good at it, I love your donut render though, looks great! (Also remember to listen to feedback from others, it helps A LOT)

1 Like

I HIGHLY recommend grabbing a substance by Adobe while you are at it. Personally, I find blender`s vanilla texture editor quite user-unfriendly (I am a noob and substance caters to noobs)

I also recommend getting addons while you are at it. Stuff like viewport preset list was quite important in maintaining motivation to use the software

Like the person above me has said, Patience does help a lot. It took me over a year to get to where I am, through trial and error.

Do mess around with the modifiers, especially the Mirror, cloth, sea, shrinkwrap, solidify and wireframe

1 Like

I made this Hammer and Sword yesterday. How do they look? Any Feedback?

2 Likes

To improve in blender overall, my main tip would be practice. I usually worked on small projects and showcases to help improve my skill. You won’t be great at the start, but eventually you’ll get there. I would try setting up a schedule like an hour a day for example, and you will eventually see improvement, good luck!

Ah yes I decided I didn’t need coffee so I didn’t take model any. I suggest you follow tutorials and learn from them, like, “how to model ____” in blender (also, don’t just copy, please. that wouldn’t be learning) , or just watch blender guru.

You should’ve created a separate post for this… but they’re pretty good, for a beginner. It doesn’t really look great, like what you were going for. Also, don’t just make the entire thing brown. That feels weird. The handle of the sword feels wrong, but the hammer is OK. You could improve!