Any tips for GUI design?

I am fairly new to GUI design. Do you guys have any tips and tricks for me to use? If so, it would be greatly appreciated. For example, how do I make the rounded corners?

3 Likes

A suggestion I would give to you is to use a color palette/have matching colors + font
This is important because you don’t want your UI to look unappealing with different changes in color. Additionally, font is important as it stands out in your UI. Make sure to choose the appropriate font and font color

Rounded corners can be achieved through UICorner. Parenting it under the text button/label/etc. will round your corners and you can adjust its CornerRadius.

Alternatively, before UICorner was available I depended on this plugin called Roundify which rounds corners in 1 click:

Happy designing!

2 Likes

I have no experience in GUI design, but I’ve played a lot of AAA games and Roblox to kinda get an idea of what is and isn’t good when it comes to UI design.

I agree with the points of the person above. What I wanted to add is that you should integrate simplicity into it. Don’t make the design deliberately convoluted just to fit an aesthetic. You want to make it easy for the user to understand the information you’re showing and how to navigate through different tabs. A good UI design stays out of the player’s way, and it should feel easy to understand.

Don’t group a lot of different things together. Keep things organized, but make them easily accessible. I personally hate designs where I have to go through a billion tabs just to get to a small thing I want to see. Navigation and usage should be simple, quick, and efficient.

I recommend to look at flawed UI designs in AAA games. Their issues usually tend to stick out like a sore thumb.

Focus on aesthetic, but pay equal attention to its function.

Good luck!

3 Likes

How would I do those AMAZING textures on GUIs? Example: Clothing Store Display UI - Feedback

1 Like