Any tools to convert C++ to Lua?

Hello! I have some code I wanted to convert to Lua. This code is from 2000 to 2001. Are there any good automated ways to do this? I’d think it’d be easy, but if there’s no such tool, let me know. Thank you, and sorry for such a out-there question.

1 Like

Try this:

2 Likes

Oh, yeah! I saw this earlier and I’ve devoted a lot of my time attempting to build it (I hate those services that delete stuff after time)

1 Like

Hmm, maybe try this?

Good luck. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, but it doesn’t seem to be a real converter- just one of those file extension identification websites. Thanks though!

apollo is a c++ library, not a tool. It seems like it could be a useful building block if you wanted to write your own tool, though :slight_smile:

There almost definitely isn’t a good tool for this. “c++ to lua translator|converter|compiler|transpiler” is the google search you’re looking for. There’s one on the ROBLOX catalog, but I doubt it works. I looked at the top ROBLOX catalog result on that page, and it’s some javascript garbage.

You’re better off manually translating it.

This website worked for me.

While it does work, its not luau, so itll have errors you’ll need to fix.

Its AI, so it is nice but it can also messup, badly.

It also uses global variables, which, can probably be ignored, but a performance geek like me is bugged by it, but also better than nothing. Though it not being luau could be a huge issue, you could probably manually fix those if you really need to script in C++ or something