Any way to change the size of a proximity prompt button?

Hello! For some context I am currently making a in-game poll system where players can vote for updates and stuff and it would save across all servers using data store

I want my poll system to be simple to use, so I decided to try using proximity prompts as they look nice and also have the Hold Duration option.

===============================================================

This is currently what I have (and what I want it to look like)

The problem is, with different camera angles the buttons stack on top of each other and look weird. The picture you saw above was in first person and standing right in front of the poll model

Here are some examples of different camera angles

So is there any way to fix this? If not I’ll probably just try using surface gui buttons or something.

1 Like

Make sure the size property of these buttons are using scale (1st and 3rd slots), and not offset (2nd and 4th slots).

For example, right now the size might look something like this: {0, 20, 0, 45}. To use the scale ones, you’d just use the two slots that have zeros in it.

That’s the issue, there is no size property, only UIOffset which is set to default (0,0)

You can make your own proximity prompt, basically you can copy and paste the roblox one but with different values such as the size, to get the roblox proximity prompt:

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/property/ProximityPrompt/Style

1 Like

Although I’m about to spend 5 hours re-sizing everything and dissecting the proximity prompt script, this is indeed the solution after doing some research thank you!

But why can’t there just be a size property that would make things so much easier :frowning:

1 Like

After 5 hours of trying to change stuff my self I failed, however I’ve found a helpful post for this which actually solved my problem

1 Like