Any way to create am effect similar to this?

So I have been experimenting arround with custom proximity prompts and I was wondering if there was any way to create an effect similar to the image below:
Example GUI
It’s just a crude drawing I threw together in photoshop, but the effect is as the white part rises, the letter in the middle becomes transparent in line with the white bar. What I need to know is if this is something Roblox is even capable of.

it looks like surface guis not particle effects, im not too well versed in guis so i’d recommend you start there

1 Like

looks like billboard gui
I think you have to blend in the E and fill in the bottom.
i failed

Look out kids

image-removebg-preview (1)

You could experiment with PromptButtonHoldBegan and PromptButtonHoldEnded and TweeningService

I know it’s not particles, it’s something I made in photoshop for an example

would this help you?

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/property/ProximityPrompt/Style

Have two images
one that is the outline version
one that is the filled in version

Make sure they’re the exact same size and are overlapping eachother.

After that, you can utilize UIGradient and tween it across from the outline (specifically the transparency) and make it rise up, disappearing slowly. While at the same time, make another tween play of the filled in version rise following suit of the outline version.

What you should get is a seamless move and effect that you want.

There are also other ways to go about it such as using clips descendants and frames to create a makeshift clipping mask and simply moving it in conjunction with the other image to create a fill in effect that way.

Of course, you’ll be doing this inside a billboard gui

1 Like

This is totally possible, and it’s not as hard as it seems!

The only method I can think of (at the moment) is that you create two versions of the image, both the same size. One with the E filled and an empty background with the stroke and one with everything filled in, except the E. Next, setup your BillboardGui with both of the images being the same size. Make sure to use offset, not scale, each image being parented to its own separate frame. Then simply make sure that ClipDescendants is on and you can tween the frames. Attached is an example of what I mean. Do note that the textscaling is off however, you’re going to be using images anyways so this should not be an issue.
Demo.rbxl (41.5 KB)