Any Way To Import An Animation Into Roblox?

I have a 3D model that has a mesh and animation created in 3D software (Blender). I plan to split up the mesh into body parts (head, torso, …), and then import each piece into a Roblox MeshPart. I would like to be able to also import the animation into Roblox. Is there a way to import the animation into Roblox?

I am familiar with the plugin by @Den_S, which can transfer animations between Roblox and Blender, but it requires the model to first be in Roblox. For example, a standard character model animation can be exported via this plugin.

8 Likes

I’ve always wanted to do this myself but never learned how. Interested to see what others will say

I know you have done the animation already, but off the top of my head a solution I can think of is importing the mesh(es) into Roblox, and importing it back into blender with Den_S’s plugin and creating the animation again using the armature that’s built in the rig. Unfortunately with the way you have described your situation, this is the best option. (In my opinion atleast) - if anyone has any better suggestions feel free to say.

1 Like

I think there is some Blender plugins you can find on the program’s website that can help you with exporting animations to roblox or any other programs. I am not entirely sure but I think I may have seen a couple.

Hey MapleMarvel, maybe I can help you today. Have you tried saving it as a file and then importing over to ROBLOX Studio? That is what one of my friends did?

I can import an FBX mesh no problem, but the animation does not get imported.

Ahh then I really can’t help you there, sorry pal.