Any way to prompt a VIP server purchase

I want to make my vip servers extra special, people who buy them get extra features - however I have no smooth way to sell them. My dream is to be able to prompt a VIP server purchase, then teleport them to the server once they buy it.

For the life of me I can’t find any documentation saying this possible.

I’ve looked a bit through the wiki, but if anyone knows if this is possible, and better yet how to do it that would be great

3 Likes

Sadly not :frowning:.

This is why so many people create gamepasses that link to an in-server private area. (Private digging site in Treasure Hunt Simulator, gated Farm in Chicken Egg Farm Simulator, etc.) VIP servers just have too many setup functions that it cannot be initiated in-game. You might want to create a feature request for it, however.

3 Likes

Nurgenis’s gamepass solution is the best bet if you are deadset on letting people purchase VIP features from within the game. This would also sacrifice the recurring income of a VIP server.

If you want to simply add exclusive features to VIP servers, I believe you can detect for a non-nil VIPServerId or VIPServerOwnerId within the DataModel Class.

From there, you could use standard marketing techniques to promote the VIP servers such as thumbnails and in-game advertisements.

1 Like

This is a really good idea! I have recently made VIP servers give something special to my game, and I advertise it in game if a player clicks a certain button, I gray out the VIP Server Controls. If they click anywhere on that, a GUI pops up saying how to buy one.

I think you should make this a feature request, this sounds awesome!

And the special areas gamepass idea is not the same, because VIP servers are recurring.

2 Likes

You could make your own system to require payment every x amount of days but you can’t enforce the payment and cannot make it automatically recurring.