Any way to remove these "lines" between parts?

Nope, that didn’t work. Thanks for replying though!

You could make them extremely thin (I think 0.05 is the smallest) so that its barely noticeable.

1 Like

Make what extremely thin? Can you clarify?

The parts. The min size is 0.05, so you would make the parts’ Y size 0.05.

1 Like

your part is shrinking when unioned because the parts are the largest they can be on the scale, thus when you union them as a single object, it shrinks to the largest possible size of ONE OBJECT, which is 2048x2048.
Try using terrain water instead.

Thanks for the reply, but a change in the water parts would not work because my parts have to be a certain size.

is the whole maps water going to be at the same level? and the whole map going to be covered in water?

1 Like

Why do they have to be a certain size?

1 Like

No, there are certain places where the water isn’t the same level as the ocean. And the whole map is not water, the ocean is just a region of the map.

Because they are ocean parts, and the ocean has to be big.

ok well then then this solution should fix your problem.
copy those ocean parts into a thin layer ontop of the current ones
and make the ones below it transparent
therefore the scripts inside them will still run accordingly but the only visible bit of the ocean will be the thin copied parts ontop (these thin copied parts dont need the scripts in them)
understand?

2 Likes

I understand. I’ll try it and hopefully it’ll work.

They can be as wide as you need, they just need to be thin, like this:

Basically its just the top layer, so the sides won’t show.

If you are using touched events for this and all of the water is at the same height, you could check if the camera’s Y height is below a certain value (whatever the height of the ocean is) instead.

1 Like

I don’t think this is made by touched events. Here’s the script again:

no its made by the cframe of the camera and detecting if the cframe of the camera is withing the cframe of the blocks but im glad it works now

cframe(basically meaning position)

1 Like

I modified the script you sent to just use the Y value instead of the part’s size. This makes it where if your camera is below a Y value, it turns on the effects. But this will only work if the ocean is at the same height across the entire map.

local camera = workspace.CurrentCamera
local waterHeight = 0 -- change this to whatever the top of the water is
local rs = game:GetService("RunService")

local blur = Instance.new("BlurEffect")
local colorCorrection = Instance.new("ColorCorrectionEffect")
blur.Enabled = false
colorCorrection.Enabled = false
colorCorrection.TintColor = Color3.fromRGB(108,135,255)
blur.Parent = game.Lighting
colorCorrection.Parent = game.Lighting

rs:BindToRenderStep("underwaterCamera", 201, function()
	local inWater = false;

if camera.CFrame <= waterHeight then
		inWater = true
	end

blur.Enabled = inWater;
	colorCorrection.Enabled = inWater;
end)
1 Like

Thanks for the script! However, the water is not at the same level across the map.

Oh. Sorry, I don’t know how to make it work with that.

1 Like

I suppose the really cheaty thing to do would be to change the texture to glass. Might not look quite as good but should hide the lines.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! The parts were already glass though, and they still had the lines. If you haven’t yet read the solution posted.