Any way to remove these "lines" between parts?

I’m making an ocean in my game, and the part size limit forces me to make 2 parts for the ocean.
(I’m using parts as water, not terrain water.)

Is there any way to remove these llines, because they are noticeable when swimming in the water.

I have tried unioning the parts, but when I do, this happens:

The parts shrink when they are unioned for some reason.

So does anyone know how to get rid of these lines?

And these parts don’t overlap or have gaps between them.

4 Likes

I am just a beginner, so myself, I don’t really know much.

But maybe try removing outlines? Either disable the property of both parts or make them smooth plastic.

This might not work, but also MIGHT. Maybe you could change the surfaces of the faces that are together?

1 Like

But because of his problem with unioning, I think he should just try and use terrain water instead, unless the water in his game must act in a specific way?

1 Like

Try using a mesh to make the ocean and resize the mesh to fill the space you need. If not, the terrain water works pretty nicely as well.

1 Like

just make these water parts thinner on the Y axis because it will make no difference if your camera is in the water but it will look the same (minus the lines) above water.

1 Like

The water does have to act in a specific way.

and in what way would that be?

1 Like

Your camera gets blurred and an underwater sound effect plays whenever your camera goes into the water part.

Also, I can’t use terrain water because it cuts into my preexisting terrain.

is that by a region3 or have you got a frame that does it by CFrame? or what is it because it should still work.

i have made a similar ocean and it is definitely better to have the surface thin otherwise you wont see the surface of the water because once your camera enters a block it is not visible from the inside.

1 Like

I’m not sure, but I think it uses CFrames.

if you want to send me a picture of the script i could adjust it for you or tell you how it works.

1 Like

Mr NicNac gave it to me.

Nope, that didn’t work. Thanks for replying though!

You could make them extremely thin (I think 0.05 is the smallest) so that its barely noticeable.

1 Like

Make what extremely thin? Can you clarify?

The parts. The min size is 0.05, so you would make the parts’ Y size 0.05.

1 Like

your part is shrinking when unioned because the parts are the largest they can be on the scale, thus when you union them as a single object, it shrinks to the largest possible size of ONE OBJECT, which is 2048x2048.
Try using terrain water instead.

Thanks for the reply, but a change in the water parts would not work because my parts have to be a certain size.

is the whole maps water going to be at the same level? and the whole map going to be covered in water?

1 Like

Why do they have to be a certain size?

1 Like