Any ways to improve this?

So, I’ve been designing for UI’s for a game I’m making with a few other people, but I am not sure if this is worthy in the current state of games’ standards, any suggestions are appreciated, even pros and cons.

Thanks, Engine.

4 Likes

I think the UI looks fine to me. I’m glad you weren’t going to be excessive with the 3D effect on the title throughout the UI.
One thing I can say that you can add a subtle drop shadow on the frame of the UI.

EDIT: You could replace that @ to a twitter logo which would be a nice touch!

I like your UI, it seems neat and very organised. The use of colour, however, seems too bland for me. I can only see the shades of white and blue there, maybe add one more colour to the palette.

The font also seem to annoy my eyes, it would be nicer if you keep consistency of your font size for the description/the button.

That will be implemented very soon, it is a nice touch, however, it is difficult to append a new colour to fit the theme it is in. A very subtle drop has been added.

A bit too subtle if I do say so myself. Try making it more darker.

1 Like

Imo it looks really nice! I have a suggestion/tip for you however. When you actually program the twitter code UI, try to make the “enter code here” button look like an actual button by tweening it up and down. I am pretty sure I sounded confusing so here I got a GIF:
https://gyazo.com/1bf5226ab4121daa9170a919ab3644ec
Also alternatively add a cool nice and short click sound to it.

4 Likes

That is my initial plan! :joy:

2 Likes

I feel like the translucent(?) curved rectangle behind the “New codes game out” should be lighter as it’s too similar to the TextBox, everything else seems really complementing and clean. Nice job :+1:

It looks good and neat, however the golden highlight on the header text looks a little off, perhaps set it to the same shade of gray as the enter button?

It looks very nice and fits the theme of twitter, which makes it even better. I wish you luck with more UIs and your game in the future.

1 Like

If your game is going to be compatible for Xbox and phone/tablet users, I recommend adding an enter button somewhere on the ui. Because this would only be compatible with people on PC and there would be no way for the other platforms to submit their code

There is an icon at the top, which you press again to close, but I will consider it.

I’m not talking about a close button. Im talking about an enter button which you click to submit your code

I like your design and your colors, but I found the “New codes come out weekly!” part to be not necessary, so I instead remade it to be the input, and the “Enter code here” to be a button.
blahb2

Otherwise I really like

That’s pretty cool, I’m going to do that too, just don’t use that ingame as you know, teehee.

1 Like

What font is that?
(30cha30cha30cha30char)

I like the basic design a lot, here’s some ways to improve it some?

• It seems you might want to fine a subtle way to divide the different sections a little more? It’s not that big of a deal, but maybe finding a blue that’s just a tad darker than that and making some sort of outline on the different sections.
  • I know a lot of other people have said this, but adding a drop shadow on the whole thing will look good.
  • You could also add a twitter logo at the top as well?