Any ways to reduce lag?

Ok, I learned a little bit, and i took a screenshot of what is most likely causing the lag.

1 Like

Try using this to identify what exactly is using most memory, and once you figure that you are able to know exactly what you need to optimize:

https://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=Memory_Analyzer

1 Like

PhysicsParts seems to be taking up the most in PlaceMemory.
In CoreMemory, default takes up the most.
I don’t understand though. I don’t have that many parts in the place, just lots of Unions. Could that be it? (The unions are roads)

2 Likes

Yes, unions makes big impacts on places due to the amount of triangles they take.

For example, if I made a house and it had more than 100 unions, that would possibly be (100 unions times 2500-3000 unions), that would be about 250000 to 300000 triangles. What you can do to fix a problem like this is export the group of unions that are similar in material and color, export to blender to modify to get under 5000 triangles, and import back into Roblox.

I would check how many unions you have though. Use this script my friend @Kiansjet made to count parts, unions, and meshes.

local parts = 0
local meshes = 0
local unions = 0

for _,obj in pairs(workspace:GetDescendants()) do
    if obj:IsA('BasePart') then
        if obj:IsA('MeshPart') then
            meshes = meshes + 1
        elseif obj:IsA('UnionOperation') then
            unions = unions + 1
        else
            parts = parts + 1
        end
    end
end

print('--- COMPLETE ---')
print('Parts: '..parts)
print('Meshes: '..meshes)
print('Unions: '..unions)
print('Total: '..parts + unions + meshes)
7 Likes

I ran the script, here is what I got:
— COMPLETE —
Parts: 845
Meshes: 0
Unions: 305
Total: 1150

Would I be able to export the roads as an OBJ, pipe it into blender, add the textures, then pipe it back to roblox?

2 Likes

This seems strange, you don’t have many unions, and majority of the work space is filled with parts. May I have a link to your game to check it out?

I am not experiencing any lag when in game. Did you remove any scripts or modified anything major before making this post?

Nope. It mainly lags in studio. I’m trying to fix that.

If this is happening in studio, I would try seeing whats your settings for the quality of everything in studio.

Go to:
File
Settings
Rendering

Once you get to rendering, check EditQuality & QualityLevel

1 Like

Strange, I am not really sure what is happening in studio then. Put by the picture I see you are using a Mac device? I am not familiar with how performance in studios works for Macs, but I would try to see if anything is wrong when you edit other places in studio. If so, it may be Roblox Studio that is not working correctly in general or your device.

1 Like

Ok. AFAIK, it works fine in other games.

1 Like

There isn’t any Lag for me in the place. Is your Internet connection fast enough? And can your CPU render the entire thing at 60fps? One of those might possibly be the problem.

Internet is fine. It is probably my CPU or GPU to be honest. My computer is almost 8 years old lol.

That might be the problem then. But don’t jump to conclusions. There surely is someway to solve the lag problem.

1 Like

Happening with me too!

QualityLevel and EditLevel is on 1 and it still isn’t smooth. I have a Macbook 2015 so the CPU and Graphics are fine. Has also started lagging recently, so it must be something to do with studio.
https://gyazo.com/5b9a7b06ca54516c18b3a7df634cf977

3 Likes

If you still follow this forum, You can check StreamingEnabled. StreamingEnabled can improve gameplay of players with poor network and loading parts.

+Make sure to choose the good level of graphics quality in Settings (in-game). Your Roblox depend a lot of your Graphic card. (if not WIFI). GT 970M Kepler is not equals to a GTX 1080ti from Nvidia.

3 Likes

You might want to watch this video. If you have issues with Roblox lag.

3 Likes

If I’m Not Mistaken But This Is Due To You Using That Third Party Application To Run Studio And Roblox On Mac Since Its Not Naively Supported, I Would Contact The Owner Of The Application To See if He Knows Why Its Happening

1 Like