Anything I can change to polish my ui

I want to Keep the ui simple and clear! I want to achieve a good looking ui that is simple but also detailed.

EDIT: This is for pc and console I forgot to add that in

I am unsure on what to do. I don’t script much but edit, but this is what the ui looks like. It took me 55 minutes because of size issues but got fixed with a plugin. I’m using a viewport for the player dummy

EDIT: another view

The ui doesn’t use any images it’s just pure ROBLOX.

If there’s any free software or tips and tricks or standard, it would be appreciated.

1 Like

My Suggestions:

There are many things you can do to make this more visually appealing.

1. After the K/DR and Death and Kills make sure the following text next to it is properly centered, make it a smaller font and a lighter color or turn down the transparency a bit. (Vertically Centered)

2. Align the buttons to the left in the center (vertically)

3. Add space between “The Consensus” and the line beneath it.

4. Change the “EXP:…” text to bold.

5. Try writing all the text in uppercase, this is sometimes more visually appealing. And choose a nice font like Source Sans Bold or Source Sans Light.

6. Add space between the edges of the text and the edges of button. (Make it bigger)

2 Likes

It’s sometimes a good idea to use ImageLabels/ImageButtons since it can give more detail/simplicity as other things cant do.

The ViewPortFrame for the player/stats don’t seem to really fit there, i’d rather recommend having it appear in customize/shops/skins rather then the main menu to give it a more simplistic feel.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply and so your saying that for the buttons I should pretty much bring them more to the middle of the screen.

I’ll try uppercase when I get on my pc.

I’m unsure what you mean by increasing the edges of the text edges.

As a side note I do have roundifier plugin would that help in any of this? EDIT: Is there a template on where to place elements of ui or is it just feel?

I will try that when I relearn my high school graphic design skills.

The viewportframe is for viewing your character and it’s stats as combined. Kinda like halo in a way

I have did what you said and did a bit extra and I just noticed the bottom Right is a little uneven on size And the curve of roundifier I’ll fix that tomorrow. What you guys think so far. I feel like there should be some color but idk where maybe on the play button but I think it would look a bit tacky.

3 Likes

it looks MUCH better, the title is much more noticable and clean, The only thing I’ll change is the EXP location, it looks a bit out of place,

The bottom of the viewportframe for the character looks also a bit off, adding a sharp edge ontop of the stats may make it look more cleaner.

Following on from what @Sentross said, I would mention about the colouring, maybe enhance the design by adding some colour, if it is dark use a different range of dark colours, if it is light, use a range of light colours.

Good work.
7/10 (Rated) :star:

Definitely. You really need to adjust it to make sure everything is readable.

Much better, but the “EXP…” text still seems out of place. Maybe centerize it under the buttons?

I have been having a hard time achieving even sizing at the bottom right and the exp spot.

Under the viewport is turning into a bit of a challenge idk why.
But I do think the text is a bit better on how even it is

They are centered at the buttons it seems strange to me also

Edit: I see what you mean now in studio it’s centered I’ll have to fix that when I have time.

If you guys want you can go here to see it in person https://www.roblox.com/games/3534697539/GUI-BUILDING

1 Like