Apartment System

Wassap yall, I have an issue with an garage/apartment teleportation system, so any help will be appreciated

(co-developer wrote this, not me so there might be some errors describing the system, any clarifications will be given if asked)

Thanks to the fact that this system is open source, I’ve been able to use it in my game however in an unconventional manner. Rather than using this system for portals as it was intended, I’m using it as a window system within apartments. This way allows for a hypothetical infinite number of apartments to all have the same real time view of the main map, despite the actual physical apartment being far off the actual map.

This is pretty much how GTA 5 does their apartments.

First of all, I’d like to establish some key words to make explaining this issue a little easier.

The window part that’s connected to the physical apartment build (The one OFF the map.) is the receiver. The window part that’s on the actual building (The one that gives the player the view of the city and is ON the map.) is the donor. (With lack of a better term.)

Now that that’s out of the way, I can begin to explain. (It’s pretty simple from here.) What I’m trying to figure out is how to have multiple receivers be based off of one single donor . I’m sure this is possible I’m just simply not experienced enough of a developer myself to figure it out on my own.

On top of this, I’d also need help figuring out how to have the receivers with the apartments, spawn and de-spawn depending on whether a player that owns the apartment is in game or not.

So pretty much, if there’s 5 players in the server that own a specific apartment, only 5 apartments will spawn (and obviously 5 receivers). I’ll have some explanation pictures posted below as well as some pictures from the current test game I’ve set up.

[Test plate link](Viewport Frame Window Test - Roblox Roblox)

The actual game these apartments will go into is based on Downtown Dubai. Screenshots in-game below:

Feel free to give feedback on this aswell. Thanks!

1 Like

IDRK how your system works, but based on what you said, you could make a single donor on the server that constantly provides a city view, then have clients who own the apartment get connected to the donor view replication system.

For spawning and despawning you could connect to the player added/removing events to check if a player has the apartment and then hook the player into the replication system accordingly

Another way you can do this, without using the portal system is loading every apartment on the client side, so that way it would technically be the same view. Bc you load it on the client, others wont see. Also you wouldnt have to worry about despawning cuz the client is deleted when the player leaves automatically