API for Creator Documentation?

Hello developers, and especially web developers.
I’m currently trying to store the Roblox Creator Documentation (specifically the Engine API) into a database in Python for a project of mine. I’m wondering if, by any chances, the Creator Documentation had an API or a way to quickly access it without using Web Scrapping.
I searched both on the devforum and on internet but there doesn’t seem to be any apparent results.

As an example to better explain my problem, I know the DevForum is based-off Discourse, and by typing .json at the end of a post, you get the same post in json, making it really easy to automate the collection of data.
Is there something similar with the Creator Documentation ? Or should I use web scrapping ? Thanks.

You certainly can. If you go to the Creator Documentation and choose a random class you can see in your browsers development tools (network tab) the resources being loaded.
So if we take BodyThrust as an example you can see that a reference to BodyForce (besides many others) is being loaded.
The address to it looks something like that https://create.roblox.com/docs/_next/data/1a2W1....../reference/engine/classes/BodyForce.json
The part between data and reference might be tied to your user (but I am not sure). But if you take this address you can change the BodyForce.json part to whatever class you are looking for and will get a JSON as a result.

I don’t know if the format will be useful for you use case but that’s how you get the JSONs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.