API reference not showing inherited properties, methods, events

The site feels almost unusable without these tbh, I’ve been looking at alternatives the past few weeks instead.

1 Like

This is very important to me and I hope it gets resolved soon. In the past, my immediate thought when I needed to find something relating to the Roblox API was to check the wiki, now with the developer hub I have to think twice about whether I should use that, the object browser, or another user’s third party documentation, to find what I need to do my job.

It’s very frustrating to encounter this on a regular basis. We’re in desperate need of resources allocated internally to make documentation usable again.

1 Like

Had to spend a while figuring out Tween APIs and was very confused (see here). This should be high-priority on the fix list.

As a developer I want the developer hub to provide me with useful information about the features and objects I am looking up, but in its current state the hub does not fulfill that purpose at all. Here is another example of a page that is essentially ‘empty’.

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/class/UnionOperation

We should not have to deal with these kind of nuisances, especially given that the developer hub is essentially the only place for the majority of developers where they can find documentation about most features. An API or feature is pretty much useless if the developer hub is not even trying to tell us it exists.

2 Likes

For anyone wondering, the issue has been fixed.

Sorry for the long turn around time for this. We had the fix out much sooner but we had to roll it back due to factors unrelated from the patch itself, so the release got deferred while we fixed that problem. In the future big problems like this shouldn’t take so long to get fixed, this was just a bit of a special case.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.