API Viewer - View All ROBLOX API!

Introduction

Hello DevForum! This is my first (public) plugin, API Viewer!

For a long time, I only learned how to find the API I needed, when I needed it, and what I knew what I was looking for. While you may eventually find it, you’ve likely spent a lot of time just looking for it instead of using it. So, to solve this issue, I created API Viewer, which lets you view all of Roblox’s API for every object.

Here’s a preview of it in action:

While this video doesn’t quite show everything, I do want to highlight that you can find any and all information available for a member by simply clicking on it; it directs you to the relevant page and navigates to the particular member you selected!

Filtering and Searching

There are also a few options to help filter out what you’re not looking for, and if you do know what you’re trying to find, you can also disable fuzzy search to get more accurate results:

What’s Next?

I am planning to add the ability to search through a class’s members as well, to make it even easier to find what you are looking for!
I’m also considering implementing a class tree view so you can view the API as it was intended!

Additional Credits

I would also like to thank @Elttob for their APIDump module, which made all of this possible!
(As a side note, the icons that appear in the video are gotten from StudioService:GetClassIcon(), which is why Vanilla’s icons are shown in the class images :sweat_smile:)

Where do I get this?

You can buy the plugin from the Marketplace here!

Hope y’all enjoy this! I put a ton of time into putting this all together and making it look as clean and as easy to use as it can be. Feel free to provide feedback if there’s something you think could be better or is lacking!

28 Likes

The UI is so pretty :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Super useful, definitely gonna swipe this!

6 Likes

Thank you for making this plugin. It will make things much easier for me.

Purchased!

5 Likes

Nice! Appears VERY helpful, This will definitely make things easier!
(If I had 250 R$, I’d purchase it!!)

3 Likes

Nice plugin by description, however i don’t think it should be paid.

2 Likes

Why don’t you think so? I honestly tend to use this fairly often, and for a newer Roblox dev, I’d imagine having quick access to the API would be useful as heck!

2 Likes

Yes it is. But monetize this simple feature…

2 Likes

I honestly don’t think this way. I understand you many think that this is simple and well the idea is simple, it is extremely helpful and profession looking with amazing Uis, with little to nothing like that already made.

I live in the USA so the robux convert is 1 dollar for ~80 robux. Which is 3 dollars for around 250 robux. This isn’t too insane as Roblox takes a 30% cut I believe still, and the developers of this plug-in spent time and quality to produce a good item, and so paying them is reasonable and not everyone can do this for free. You may disagree, but there aren’t many (if any) features made by other people like this.

1 Like

This already exists as a built in to studio.

1 Like

Are you talking about the Object Browser? Cause if so, it doesn’t really have a method of searching through it, let alone seeing the hierarchy of classes. It’s still a useful resource, just difficult to find what you’re looking for in there.

If you select the explorer and start typing it will index by what you type. Hierarchy is true, although that can be found in the docs you really needed that.

I think you’re confusing what this is; it’s a plugin to see the Roblox API, not an explorer replacement.

1 Like

Again, I’d get this if it didn’t cost robux or costed 1/10 or 1/5 of the price. It’s just too expensive for something I’d rarely use much.

Does it redirects you to https://create.roblox.com/docs/reference/engine… or you can get all info you need directly IN studio?

That’s understandable! I could lower it to 100, but that’s Roblox’s minimum marketplace limit, so I can’t really go lower at that point.

It does bring you to the relevant pages, if that’s what you’re asking - however, it seems like Roblox is planning to bring the docs to studio at some point, so when that time comes I’ll likely just make this a free resource

Thank you so much for making this! I have been wanting to get into scripting for a while now and this seems like something that could help a lot with my journey. With that, do you have any tips for starting scripting on Roblox?

Truthfully, a tool like this is best used as a more experienced developer; it lacks more detailed searching compared to Roblox’s documentation site, but if you know what you’re looking for, you can quickly find the related information with this tool.

To answer your question though: Back when I joined, the best resources I had for learning code was to look at free model scripts, break them apart, and see how they worked. Nowadays, you can take a look on YouTube or look through Roblox’s own guides! That being said, you can still go with the way I went about it - though I’d caution that old code isn’t reliable at this point, and new code may be laced with complicated dependencies that are much more difficult to understand if you’re just learning.