Apocalypse Rising needs full-time Scripter

I’ll be short and sweet.

Sharksie and myself are shifting our focus to a new project, and I’m in need of a scripter to take full responsibility of maintaining and improving Apocalypse Rising alongside me. This is no easy task, as Apoc is a very old game. However I am happy to offer 30% of Apoc’s monthly earnings to anyone worth their salt.

Apocalypse Rising is brimming with potential, and considering that the game has maintained a steady 4,000,000 Robux per month since November, it is a testament to what can be achieved when the bare minimum amount of effort is applied to maintain this classic. Imagine the possibilities if Apoc received actual features instead of nothing but maintenance! After the last six months of relative stagnation, I believe Apocalypse Rising’s four-year-old community is ready for some fresh updates.

Summer is approaching, and there’s a lot of money to be made. I look forward to hearing from you.

Contact me via devforum PM or Skype for more information.

3 Likes

Is AR really making 4M R$ a month? I shouldn’t act like that surprises me but wow, very interesting. Makes me want to learn scripting :ohmy:

2 Likes

Could you show us what some of the code looks like, and any standards we’d be expected to follow? That may help making decisions easier.

10 Likes

More likely than not, you can examine a lot of the code from the leaked Apoc v5 map.

I’m sure there are a lot of newer(and better) code on the current version, but from what I’ve heard, most of the problems are related to updating legacy code.

Not to get off topic,

But isn’t that the reason for the universe setup, and naming schemes such as reimagined/reborn?? Just curious

A steady 4 million a month is phenomenal.

Is it a directed job or is it a pretty open slate as to what will be added to the game?

Should the position be filled, I would direct them at first. But as the backlog of tasks is completed, more emphasis will be placed on innovation. At that point, I believe anything and everything should be considered. I fully expect a scripter to pitch suggestions, and I welcome it.

Hmm. 4m a month is pretty good, but I’m not good at messing with someone else’s code. Don’t know if Sharksie made it easier to read, but I remember looking at some old leaked reimagined mods, and Keth’s code is pretty messy.

I’ve always wanted to work on a game like Apocalypse Rising, and I’m definitely interested, but Im not sure what I can bring to the table.

I think the character visuals could use an upgrade, they are still kinda primitive.

Count me as interested!
I sent you a Skype contact request.

I sent you a PM on here. I have tons of ideas on patching exploits, improving performance, and making it prettier. Let me know if you’re interested.

1 Like

What are some things you’re specifically looking for? GUI code? Gameplay code? Weapons? And are you interested more in monetization or making the game ‘better’?

Whoops didn’t mean to direct reply to nomer, I still need to get used to the way the site works

If we happen to know someone outside of the forum who could possibly take on this task can we tell them about it?

Thank you everyone, for your interest. WhoBloxedWho got the job.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.