App crashes after sending a message on iOS 17

After upgrading to the iOS 17 developer beta and sending a message within Roblox, the app will crash, like so:

This also happens if you type in rich notifications (holding down for notifications in apps like Discord and iMessage), but does not happen in input boxes.

I am also on the latest version of the app.

Device info: iOS 17.0 Developer Beta 1 (iPhone 12 Pro Max)

2 Likes

Given that this the first beta, I think it’s worth noting that it’s likely that this issue is not Roblox’s fault and will be resolved by Apple by the time the public release rolls out. I therefore find it unlikely Roblox will seek to address bugs like this until it becomes clear the issue won’t be fixed by Apple.

3 Likes

The thing is, chatting is a major feature of the platform. It’s an issue if the app crashes every time I try and say something.

I tried it in another game, and a sideways fullscreen app and it didn’t crash either time, this seems like a Roblox issue.

As much as I understand your frustration, you need to understand that you are using beta software and particularly with early versions, things don’t work sometimes. If it bothers you that much, you should restore back to iOS 16 and wait for a more stable release to become available. It is an unrealistic expectation that Roblox will work on an issue Apple will likely fix themselves, especially given that iOS 17 is still beta software.

4 Likes

Closing this out, as it looks like an issue with beta, and not Roblox. Thanks again for the report.

3 Likes