AppDelegate? What is it?

I am an active mobile user and my game has music that plays and whenever I go outside of the Roblox app, it pauses the music playing, and when I return back to the Roblox app it prints into the console and resumes the music. Any clue how I can prevent it from pausing and continuing to run in the background, or any idea what service AppDelegate is apart of? Heres a video to show:

2 Likes

I think it’s something that’s in-built to Roblox Apple devices, but is being supported fully by Roblox. There’s no definite way of disabling/modifying it. Here’s an announcement topic that’s talking about AppDelegate, also known as App Backgrouding:

2 Likes

Quite unfortunate, it would be nice if there was an added feature to track when the player exits and returns to the app, or just does not pause the music at all. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Edited my earlier reply a bit because of some inaccuracies, so please review the info!

If this helped, it would be nice to mark my earlier reply as the Solution, as it would provide other Developers an easier way of finding answers to similar questions.

2 Likes

Source: UIApplicationDelegate | Apple Developer Documentation
Manage background activity for apps in Windows - Microsoft Support
ios - What is the AppDelegate for and how do I know when to use it? - Stack Overflow

4 Likes

As far as I know, there isn’t such a setting, so it’s probably just a limitation on Roblox.

2 Likes
  • The application delegate is the root object that manages the overall behavior of the application.
  • The application delegate works in conjunction with UIApplication to interact with the system.
  • Use the delegate object to initialize central data structures, configure scenes, and respond to notifications.
  • The application delegate is also used to respond to non-UI events and register for required services.

In iOS 12 and earlier, the application delegate is used to manage the application lifecycle.

The app delegate methods are used to update the app state when the app switches to foreground or background mode.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.