Append a property / per-game preference on PackageLink to automatically update packaged assets globally

At the moment, it’s impossible to update all of my places by simply editing one of them. In my current setup, I have all of my RemoteEvents/RemoteFunctions, Scripts, and ModuleScripts inside of various services under folders to categorize them. Each folder is uploaded to a PackageLink.

My initial goal when using PackageLink was to be able to update the contents within one Place and see this change replicate to every other Place automatically. However, contrary to what I thought, I still have to open every single Place individually and update the PackageLinks. This is very counter-intuitive to the goal I had for this object type, as I have over ten places within my Game that all take a decent chunk of time to load up due to size. Every single folder uploaded to a PackageLink must be identical in every Place, and there is currently no option to automate this process. Could this be appended?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Your request sounds very similar to Mass-Update and Auto-Update, which are coming eventually. I’ve been waiting to use Packages until these come out myself.

Ah-ha! Okay. Yeah, those two were definitely what I asked for. I hadn’t seen that in the post since I was going by memory. My bad.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.