Append the ability to view places within games on the start screen

At the moment it feels out of the way to get to specific places within my game. While I do use the game explorer vastly for many aspects of my game, it’s annoying having to open the game’s start place (which is, of course, the default destination for the game presented in studio) only to close that studio window directly after opening one of the places under that game. Most of my work is outside of the start place. This basically means I have to open studio twice to get to one place.

For the moment I have resorted to bookmarking each place and using the edit button from the website in order to quickly navigate to my places. I would much more strongly prefer being able to view the places within a game from studio’s start screen via some drop-down menu or something.

Thoughts?

7 Likes

This is a very late bump, but this post still has high relevance to me for the reasons I listed in my OP. Given that I have recently resumed development of my project, and seeing that there have been no actions in regards to place management from the Studio start page, I would like to revive this thread.

It’s still really annoying to try to get to specific places in my game. It’s not anything that’s absolutely ruining my experience, but given the growing size of my places within this game, it’s getting very annoying having to wait on a place to load only to exit it right after. With the load times doing nothing but increasing as I continue work on my game, this issue is becoming more and more pressing.

I've made an image graphic to show off how I think the studio window should implement this. Open this details view to see it.

3 Likes

This is still a very relevant post, does anyone know why such and simple, yet useful feature is not yet implemented?

@MeshOfPaul I remember you mentioned a new “home” screen for studio, and this seems related to that

1 Like

Yes, definitely something we are working on. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @Xan_TheDragon if you switch the Experiences list in Start Page to List view (instead of Grid view), you’ll be able to see the non-root places that are under the experience :slight_smile: Here is the DevForum post on the feature: Full Release and Changes for List Mode for Studio
I hope this helps! We’re planning to do additional work in making this feature more visible across Grid and List view in the Start page in the future.

1 Like