Append the current place title to the window title when in the script editor

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to identify which instance of Studio refers to a particular place, when there are multiple instances of Studio open simultaneously (and the last window of each Studio instance is positioned on the script editor):

As you can see above, when you press the win+tab keys, there are 3 instances of Studio open, but none of them identifies which place each instance refers to, as the window title only shows the script name currently open.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because in addition to making visual identification easier, this will also make it possible to use automation tools such as Autohotkey, which needs to identify the opened window by its title, which is currently impossible for this tool.

8 Likes

Mine has always shown the name of the place that’s open to the left of where your script name is… Never had a problem with it.
Is it something in the Studio settings or the View settings that isn’t selected?

As you can see in the example, and you can also confirm it in your own Studio, when you switch to the script editor, the place name disappears and only the script name remains, so there is no way to identify which place is, (visually nor through other tools as I mentioned).

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. This an interesting improvement - will investigate w/the team.

1 Like

Ah, sorry, I’ve never used the script editor. I’ve only clicked the script and worked on it directly.

This feature should be addressed. Roblox could add the place name or script name in parentheses. This also happens with the object browser and plugin manager (legacy).

This is absurdly easy to implement.
However, it’s been almost 6 months and nothing has been done.
Any forecast?

After 1 year, this requested feature is still missing, but still not implemented, although it is absolutely simple to do?
Could you prioritize?

Hi! We’re happy to share that this request has now been implemented. The place name should now be visible in the latest version of Studio.

In addition to the script editor, this change should apply to the script diff and object browser windows as well.

3 Likes