Applying Force for Air Control

I am attempting to use a bodyforce on an object to give the player some control over the object while it is in air. My intent is to allow the player to help maneuver the object so that they can guide it.

The problem with using a bodyforce is that the player can use the air control to speed up while in air. The force causes the velocity to accumulate so that the player reaches a higher and higher speed.

I want the player to still have some air control while moving at fast speeds, I just don’t want them accelerating past a certain speed.

I am not very good with physics or familiar with this kind of mathematics. There should be a way to take the desired control direction the dotproduct of the velocity direction to only apply the force in a way to not increase the speed past a limit.

body velocities with 0 force on the y axis and the velocity is set to the direction they want to move normalized and multiplied by ur speed and the force is multiplied by the strength of the movement like joystick distance

If you let us know a bit more about what you’re trying to accomplish, it’d be easier to help you. Can you provide some more details, or perhaps an example from another game? The best thing would be a video that shows it in action from a different game.

I have a ball that moves via AngularVelocity. When you go off a ramp, you are in the air, and I want the player to have some control, without being able to accelerate past some limit.

You can try using math.clamp(current velocity, min velocity, max velocity)

this will make sure that the speed will stay between the min and max