Applying HumanoidDescription with a package thats not default R15 package results in stuff being parented to nil

I can’t post this in engine bugs, but I’m not sure if this is intended.
Applying HumanoidDescription with a package on while replacing the package causes every single part inside the character to be parented to nil, then quickly new parts with new joints and stuff are added back inside the character. this caused a lot of scripts to break as I call WaitForChild on. For an interaction system, I was using an attachment inside the upper torso. I need to add a delay for the humanoid description to delete and re-add all the parts. This also becomes a problem with our head-turning script, when we grab the player’s head C0 for example it ends up being the wrong one causing some weird artifacts with the wrong default c0 offset.
I’m not sure how Roblox can solve this, it can be an issue for other people that can cause head-scratching results.
If possible it would be awesome to have this as some sort of notice/alert on the ApplyDescription page on the wiki (Humanoid | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub) for anybody that plans to use it in the future and has the same problem. Also, it would be nice to have some sort of function that lets you add a function that runs before character added is fired, so anything that causes major changes to the character can be run before any other scripts even look at the character.

I am aware of LoadCharacterWithHumanoidDescription, however I am just trying to remove accessories and packages here, so grabbing the humanoids current description before I load the character is impossible.

1 Like

I need this to be fixed asap, please roblox!